Friday, March 5, 2021

Friday and Rain

 I slept off and on last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. It's a little after 6:00AM now and in fifteen or twenty minutes, I will text Bob to see if he is alright. I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now. I will go in the living room and watch "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats. My phone says it is raining outside but I don't hear it.

It was barely  raining but there were several cats out there waiting for their breakfast, I filed the bowls and put them behind my car in the garage. When I opened the garage door, two of them rushed in. I saw Scruffie and Inky but I know others were out there. Scruffie just intimidates them. When I open that garage door, they rush in. I close the kitchen door to keep them from trying to come in that door.

I watched the "weather on the 8's" and we are forecast for rain at least halfway through the day. I may not go to Bartlesville. I would rather wait until Nancy can go too.

More later.... I texted my brother-in-law, Bob, and he answered me. He slept fitfully until he took something for his back pain. Then he slept fine the rest of the night.

I see a cat out front now drinking water from the water bowl. I see it is Inky.

Inky's dad, an even larger black cat, came to drink water here too.

More even later...

I was reading in my latest book and Nancy called, She wanted to know if we were still going to Bartlesville this afternoon.I asked her if she was feeling better and she said she was and was all dressed and ready to go if I still wanted to go. I told her I would be right over. I picked her up and we went to the Copan Cafe and had lunch and then on to Bartlesville to see what was left of the mall. 

While I pulled into the Cafe, Gay called and wanted to meet me at Ana Mae's on the 25th of March. I will plan to do that. Her sister wanted to ask me how satisfied I was with my hearing aid. She will come with Gay and we will have lunch at Ana Mae's that day. 

It rained lightly  most of the afternoon. It stopped as we got to Dewey.

There were about four stores left in that mall. Pitiful! Even Christopher and Banks was gone. All they have are online stores now. We drove all around downtown Bartlesville and looked it over. It looks pretty sad too. However, the new shopping center out by Lowe's is still full.

We then drove over to Dewey and looked around there too.

Then we got back to Caney at 2:45PM. We had a good visit and saw quite a bit of Bartlesville.

I will go back to reading my book now. More later...

I read until 6:00PM and finished the book I had been reading. 

Now I am watching a recorded CBS evening news. It is 6:19PM now. When this is finished I will take my bath at 7:00PM and plan to go to bed sometime around 9:00PM.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

Glad you helped Nancy get out for a while.