Tuesday, March 2, 2021

Tuesday and Cakes

I slept fitfully last night. I was up several times in the night. I finally got up about 6:00AM...late for me.

I dressed and had my breakfast and checked my e-mail and finished yesterday's blog.  Now I will check the cats and watch "the weather on the 8's"on TV and get the cakes ready in the trunk of my car. I will go over to Coffeyville first this morning and pick up the other three at Bob's to load with my own and then head up to Independence to the First Christian Church to deliver them. It's already 7:30AM so I have better get started on feeding the cats and watching the weather and finish this when I get home. I want to be at Coffeyville at 8:30AM so I can be at Independence at 9:00AM.

That worked out! I got the cakes delivered by shortly after 9:00AM and came on back home. 

I have been on the phone and computer ever since. 

Gina, Nancy's cousin's wife and Nancy's son want to put Nancy in a nursing home. Nancy is dead set against it and I don't blame her. She is forgetful but aren't we all when we are in our middle 80's. I tried to think of Nolan Scarberry's name yesterday and I couldn't come up with it until this morning. That happens more then I like. But I certainly am not going to go into a nursing home. I told my kids, if they try to put me in a nursing home,  I will take my laptop computer and my little red car and drive off into the sunset and they will never see me again. :) And I mean it! I am as independent as a hog on ice and no one is going to make me do anything I don't want to do..... 85 years old or not. 

Here's a photo my daughter put on her website on Facebook. These are two of the puppies they are selling. Cute little  guys. They are Cowboy Corgis.

 May be an image of dog

After my lunch I went over to Nancy's and found her at home. It was another beautiful day and I convinced her we should go take a ride while the weather was lovely. She had company come right after  I got there and when the lady left, we took  a nice long ride around Caney and stopped at the Sonic and I bought us a couple of cherry limeade slushes. They were very good.

I just found this one on Leslie's facebook site. It too is a male and is for sale.


 

Isn't it darling?

I got back home at 4:15PM and will watch for the time for the 4:00PM channel 6 news. After that, I watched the CBS news.

Three cats came for supper. Inky, Blondie and the pale yellow adolescent cat. And then, Scruffie showed up too and another full sized black cat. I think he must be Inky's father. He is just a little larger.

After that I will read in my book and then at 7:00PM I will take my bath. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

9 comments:

Donna. W said...

I blame it on the full moon. I always have trouble sleeping for three or four nights around the time of full moon. I have gotten into a pattern of getting seven or more hours of sleep every night, which is a good change for me. But for three nights, I've been waking up at 3:30 again. I hope I get back to 7 hours or more. I actually felt better all day after sleeping that long.

Margie's Musings said...

That's good,Donna. It may be the full moon! :)

Kay said...

Have a nice day, Margie.

Donna. W said...

My daughter always says I am NOT going into a nursing home, but she's never lived with someone who goes out while everybody is sleeping and gets lost, then they'd see me on TV as a Silver Alert. At least I don't drive. I know people who wouldn't admit they might have Alzheimer's who got lost miles away from home driving a car. Although if I had a good amount of savings (ha) I would gladly tell them they could pay a nurse to sit with me. But I do understand your viewpoint.

I'm sure our daughter's family thinks we're both losing our minds. Cliff and I struggle sometimes to remember what word we wanted to use. We try to help one another out with our missing words, but if I guess wrong, Cliff said that just make it harder for him to think of the word!

Isn't it a blast being senior citizens?

Galla Creek said...

I forget names all the time and I don’t think I am much different from other older folks. I think when one forgets to eat, forgets to turn off the stove, and other life threatening things are what we much be aware of. If we are a danger to ourselves, then it’s a problem. I feel if need be, Leslie would have you live with her.

Margie's Musings said...

Donna, it's better being a senior citizen than the alternative.

Margie's Musings said...

Sister Three...I don't think my living with Leslie (and John) is a very good idea. They would like their sanity. :)

Jackie said...

What lovely puppies!!

God bless.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Those puppies are as cute as can be.

I am surprised that they would be wanting to put her in a home during these Covid times. Her friends would not even be allowed to go visit her. It sounds like she has family and friends who can check in on her while she is in her own place. As long as she can walk and move around safely, I don't understand putting her into a nursing home. I hope they don't make her go in before she actually needs to live in that situation.

My Dad thought he would be better off in a nursing home because he had such pain walking because of his knees. He was still as mentally sharp as he could be. He changed his mind and came back to his house after three days. He hated everything about that nursing home. While he was there he looked at the construction of the building and said that place probably hadn't been remodeled since 1960.


Unfortunately, it was only a couple of months later that his heart and kidneys were failing so badly he had no strength. He went from the hospital to a nursing home and died in the nursing home just a few days later. He was in his right mind up until two days before he died. Once they started giving him the medicine that eases people through end of life, he was in and out of his right mind. All of that was February 2020, just a month before the Covid problems all started. So at least we got to be there at his side as he slipped away.