Monday, March 1, 2021

Monday and Sleeping on the Trundle

 I slept well last night on the trundle in the den last night. I had the door closed and I couldn't hear the cricket. The minute I got up this morning and went in the bedroom to use the bathroom, it started chirping again. Steve may come today to spray. I asked Suzanne if he would. We will see. She and Steve will come collect the rent check today sometime so I plan to be here. I put away the trundle after I got myself dressed. If Steve can't kill the cricket with his sprayer I may have to pull it back out to sleep tonight.

I have dressed and had my breakfast and am about ready to fix my Chai and turn on the TV for "the weather on the 9's" . So I will get back to this later. I also need to see if there are any hungry cats out there.

There were three hungry cats out there, including Scruffie,  so I fed them in the garage right behind my car. Then I tried to keep track of them so I wouldn't be feeding any possums. After they finished eating, I brought the bowls into the garage and put them on the TV tray I have out there and covered them. Then I filled their water bowl in front of my front door and Blondie and Inky came and drank water. After they left, I watched the CBS news.

More later... 

What do you know! It wasn't a cricket this time. It was the battery of the smoke alarm and that was chirping. Steve was going to spray in there and he noticed the chirping was on a regular spacing and he had Suzanne come listen for him too. I went in too.  That's what it was. I had a package of nine volt batteries so Steve  changed it out for me. That was good to learn. Now I can sleep in my own bedroom.

It's a beautiful day and I tried to call Nancy to see if she wanted to take a ride. She must be sleeping. She never answered and I let it ring 5 times too. I went up town to pay my water bill and went by her house and tried again.  She still did not answer.

I would love to go see the puppies out at the kid's house. I tried texting Leslie to see if she was home or working. She must be working since she didn't get back to me. Then I tried texting John too but he must be delivering his product and he didn't answer either.

Oh well. I can see if I can drop by tomorrow and see them after I deliver the cakes to the First Christian Church in Independence. Maybe their key is still where they used to leave it.

More later.

Leslie finally answered me. They had been washing out the kennel. She said I could come out to see the puppies so I tried once again to raise Nancy to take her with me. She wasn't near her phone. So I went out without her. I intended to go into the Independence Walmart afterward and get my face wash and some bananas. I will get some for Nancy too.

I got the two things I couldn't get at Dollar General when I left the kids.

Then I came on back home and tried again to raise her. This time I did. She had been outside in the nice weather cleaning up her yard. I gave her the bananas I had brought for her and se insisted on paying me for them. They were only $1.22 for six but she gave me $2.00. (carrying charge, she said).

After I visited her for awhile, I came on back home. I was pretty tired and I still had to put my laundry in the drier.

I read until 7:00PM, when I took my bath and then at 9:00 PM, I went on to bed (in my own bed). :)