Friday, March 19, 2021

Friday and Staples Out

I slept well last night but was up early anyhow. I dressed and went in to the den to try to get directions to Spring Hill church with my computer.  The cemetery is behind the church. I had only been out there twice after Phyllis died.

I will get my breakfast now and my coffee and get on with the day, I am supposed to go back over to Coffeyville this morning to get my staples taken out of my head at the Urgent Care in Dr. Christensen's office. 

I will go out north of Dearing to be sure of where that Spring Hill church is found. I told David last night that I would send him the directions today. I think the easiest way to find it is to go to Dearing (CR 3900) drive north to CR 3000 and then  turn east on CR 3000 and drive about 7 miles to the church. The cemetery is behind the church.

Then I believe I will come back home and clean the apartment. I sure didn't get that done yesterday. 

So more later. I will turn on the "weather on the 8's" and watch that too. And I need to check on the cat situation too. Scruffie came last evening and I fed her. She is still very pregnant!

There were a couple of cats out there and I just filled all the bowls and they all must have come because all the bowls had been nearly emptied.

After awhile I put them away and put the garage door back down.

The urgent care at the doctor's office doesn't open until 8:30AM so I will leave here about 8:00AM to try to be first in there. It's only 6:50AM now. 

I got over there in time to be the first one served. They looked at the staples and said it was coming right along in healing but it wasn't there yet. I have to go back on Monday and try again.

Then I went out to Karan's and left the newspapers. Next I went out to the cemetery to see what the best way to get there is. I tried Cline but there was the better part of a mile of dirt road. I went clear to 10th street road and that was mainly gravel but it was the best way to drive it. I then washed my car again and got a tank of gas out at Woodshed.  I went to Walmart and bought the three things on my list. Then I stopped by the senior center to leave them a copy of the obituary for their bulletin board. Ford Wulf Bruns has already posted it on their website. Otherwise it would be Saturday for the Journal and Wednesday for the Chronicle. But Janet tacked it on their bulletin board anyhow.

I stopped by Joanne's and visited awhile. She is really broken up. Poor woman. She had him for 3 1/2 years.  I had Leslie send her that picture for her phone. I  have her on my phone but I couldn't find out how to send her that photo without an Icon with her name on it on the face of my phone.

I went on home then and read awhile. I called Nancy but could not raise her. Outside of the wind it was a pretty day. I stopped by Sonic and bought a chicken dinner...way too much food. I should have just got the child's serving like I usually do. I put half of it in the frig. I will warm it up in a skillet tomorrow.

When I got home, I went out to Dollar General and bought some sympathy cards. I wrote on them and put them out on the mailbox for Michael to pick up tomorrow.

I tried to watch the news on CBS but they had a basketball tournament on their channel so I just turned it off. I'm not into basketball.

I had two cats come for their supper this evening. It was Blondie and Inky. They didn't get breakfast so I gave them the leftovers.

I have had my bath and will go back to my reading.  I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM or so. 

No comments: