Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Wednesday and A Different Day

 I woke up at 4:15AM this morning with awful leg cramps. Otherwise I slept well. I got to bed so late that may have helped. I took some meds that were supposed to take care of the leg cramps but it didn't work. So about 4:00AM, I just got up and walked it off. I haven't dressed yet. I just fixed my oatmeal and sat and wondered if I was going to be able to go to Coffeyville for my hair appointment this morning at 9:00AM . We are having a very noisy storm....lots of thunder and lightning and undoubtedly rain. It's pitch black out there so I can only surmise that although I can hear it pouring down out there.

What's different this morning is that I won't be texting Bob to see if he is up and around....since he died last night. I have texted him every morning to see if he is alright. I have done that for years. 

About 8:00AM I will call his other two kids.. Diana and David. Right now I will get dressed. So, more later..

I only had one cat that came out in the storm to eat. It was Blondie. He meowed at the garage door as I was filling the bowls. I went ahead and put them out there even though that was the only cat that braved the storm to eat. It has been two days since I've seen all the cats.

More later.... 

I worked on the obit for awhile until it was going to be time for my hair appointment. I left at 9:00AM for my 9:30AM appointment.Toni did a very good job and did not disturb my staples at all. We will wait another week to color and cut my hair to play it safe.

I got back home and will warm up my chili and have it with crackers and cheese and some more of that punch.

More later... 

I warmed up that chili and ate it about 3:00PM. Then I ran by Nancy's again and this time I was able to raise her. I stopped and visited with her about 4:00PM and told her about Bob's passing. I called Joanne when I got home and read her the obituary. She was delighted to be mentioned in the obituary as one of his survivors honoring his memory. 

Then I began to think about his sister Betty. I didn't believe anyone had contacted her and she had a cell phone so her number was not listed in a directory. I called Denise to ask her if she had called Betty and she had not either. So I decided I would drive up to her home and discuss it with her. It was getting late but I felt I needed to do that since he had his attack while visiting with her.

She was happy to see me and when I told her who I was she invited me in and I had the opportunity to tell her in person about his great care and who all had been with him that afternoon and evening. Her daughter, Jeanette had seen it on facebook and called her to tell her he had died. Betty was  96, ten years older then Bob. She had been his caregiver after he was born. I stayed about an hour and since it was beginning to get dark, I made my regrets for our loss and drove back to Caney. I left her a copy of the obituary.

I got back home and took my bath, put my robe on and read in my latest book.

I went to bed shortly after 9:00PM. It had been quite a day!

 

8 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I am very sorry to read that your friend Bob has passed away.

Galla Creek said...

Life will be changed again for you. May the Lord bless you.

Donna. W said...

I'm sorry about Bob. Just the fact that you have called him every single day is going to make you miss him worse. God bless you and his family.

Your thunderstorm traveled my way and is still here, although it isn't making as much noise as it did earlier.

Deb said...

My condolences on Bob’s death. Leg cramps - my husband has them quite frequently even though he takes magnesium. Eating a few dill pickles or drinking a small amount of pickle juice when he feels them coming on (or if he has been extra active) eliminates them quickly.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Deb.That's a good suggestion.

And thank all of you for your condolences.

Margie

Lynette said...

Margie, so sorry to hear about Bob. Sending prayers to you and family.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Sorry, I should have written brother-in-law instead of friend when I wrote my condolence

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you all for your kind words!