Tuesday, March 16, 2021

Tuesday and Breakfast With a Friend

 This will be a little different morning. I am meeting my friend, Kelly, at 8:00AM for breakfast and a chance to catch up. I am just having my coffee and Chai here at home. 

No cats came for supper last night which was strange and different. Of course my neighbor to the north was using a chain saw and cutting down a tree in the yard right across the street. That may have discouraged them from coming.

I will check them out this morning. They may be very hungry this morning after no leftovers for their supper last night.

It's 6:15AM right now so I may go check out "the weather on the 8's" while I drink my coffee.

I got up at 5:00AM or so. I had slept very well. I notice that my head has seeped a little more, but not bad. I am not going to mess with it. It will be tricky tomorrow with Toni doing it for me. She will have to be careful of the staples and the comb. I don't want her hooking them with her comb. I used my brush and a mirror to smooth out my hair this morning.

Back later... 

Only Blondie was here for breakfast...strange. I set all the bowls out there just in case the others come over to eat after they hear the garage door go up.

I am still waiting for "the weather on the 8's" to come on.  

I waited for the "weather on the 8's" until it came on. Then I watched some local channel 6 news until time to go meet Kelly for breakfast. I sat with him and visited after we ate for 2 1/2 hours. We had a lot of catching up to do and I really enjoyed visiting with him. We will both be so happy when church is opened again.

Then I went to Independence to Cantrells and Mr., Cantrell reset my watch to daylight savings time. This time he wouldn't charge me anything. That was nice of him.

Then I went to Walgreen's to pick up my other prescription. She had not checked her voice mail so it was not ready. She wanted me to come back in an hour. I went out to Dairy Queen and had a small blizzard. Then I went to WalMart and got coffee and fruit punch before going back to Walgreen's and this time getting my prescription filled. Then I came on back home and picked up my mail and to put everything away.

More later...

I was fixing myself some lunch when my niece, Bob's youngest daughter, called to tell me her dad, my brother-in-law, Bob, had been taken to the Labette Emergency room in Independence, Kansas. He was at his older sister's home and he had some sort of heart problem and was in pain. She called the ambulance and they took him to that emergency room. They learned he had had a large tear in his Aorta..the large Artery that leads to the heart. It was too large to be repaired. The heart surgeon at St.John's in Tulsa said he would probably not survive the surgery so Bob decided he didn't want to even try. They figured  he would not survive the day. I called Denise' older sister, Diana and brother, David and broke the news to them.  He survived the afternoon but died at 10:45PM this evening. My daughter, Leslie, came and stayed with us as did Melissa and Kelly and on the way to the clinic I contacted Joanne, Bob's long time girl friend, and she came up too. Denise and her younger brother, Dennis, were also there by then.

The hospital called FordWulf Bruns funeral home in Coffeyville to pick up his body and all the rest of us left to go home. Leslie stayed until Joanne's niece came to pick her up to go home with her. It was a huge day. 

I got home about 11:30PM, took a bath and tried to unwind. Tomorrow I will write the obituary and see what I can do to help Denise with the arrangements. He wanted to be cremated so that will also be arranged.

It's 12:27AM now and I will go on to bed. I am very tired. In the morning I will call Diana and David too.

7 comments:

Barb said...

I would so love to go out to breakfast but not quite there yet. We are opposites in the sleep routine.....I havent seen the sunrise in years. Your eaters will probably show up later..

Donna. W said...

I wonder if you have a new neighbor somewhere within a couple of blocks who has started feeding feral cats. Or, maybe someone called and had them taken to a shelter. Of course, Scruffie might have had her kittens and doesn't want to leave them.

Margie's Musings said...

I am wondering if someone may have picked them up and taken them to a shelter...just to get rid of them since they were all Ferrel.

clairz said...

Margie, I was so sad to hear about Bob. I know how close you have been over the years. I am thinking about you.

Galla Creek said...

He was your friend so long. So sorry about Bob Very.

Galla Creek said...

Avery

Janette said...

I am sorry for your sudden loss.