Monday, March 15, 2021

Monday and a Stupid Accident

I rolled out of bed at 3:30AM this morning and my head hit the end table and I got a one inch split in my skull out of it.There was blood everywhere. You would never have known it was just a one inch split in my skull. I had blood on the carpet and a lot of it on my p.js. I dripped it all the way to the bathroom. I grabbed a wet washcloth and mopped it out of my hair so I could see the damage. I don't think I need a stitch or two but I will just have to wait and see if the place finally stops bleeding. I took a photo of it and I sent that photo to Leslie. Maybe she can tell. I feel like such an idiot. It took me awhile to use a cold wet washcloth and get the blood out of the carpet. It dripped all the way from the bed to the bathroom.  

I had intended to go over to Coffeyville later this morning to the jewelers. I want to see if he can advance my smart watch an hour. I never did figure the thing out although after messing with the microwave for an hour, I finally did get that advanced. 

Needless to say, this day has not started very well. It's almost 5:00AM now and I guess I will take my pjs off and soak them in cold water to get the blood out of them. Then I will fix my breakfast.

I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now. The blasted place is still seeping. Oh well, maybe if I stop messing around it will eventually stop. I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and sit down for awhile. Eventually I will check on the cats. I didn't feed them their leftovers last night so I imagine they are all hungry.

More later....

I think that place has finally stopped bleeding. I looked out for the cats and Inky and Blondie were the only ones there wanting breakfast. I put their bowls down behind my car, filled them and opened the garage door. Then I came back in the apartment and left them to eat.

I was blogging on the notebook and suddenly it said an  error was happening and it would reboot, Needless to say, I hadn't saved what I was in the process of blogging. So I lost all of it.

I had intended to change my bed today but after the mess I made of the morning, I will just do it tomorrow.

Back to the news now. 

I texted Bob and told him about my accident. He asked if Leslie had called and I told him she was not easily troubled by my idiocy. About the tme I told him that, she called.She thought I should go to the urgent care at Dr. Christensen's office. So I called and learned their hours and went on over. She offered to take my but I told her it wasn't that big a deal. I wasn't dizzy and didn't have a headache. So about 9:00AM, I left for Coffeyville. 

When I got there they had me fill out an accident report for Medicare. Then they took my back and took a look at my head. They said it was very deep and they would put some staples in it. The nurse cleaned it up and ended up putting seven staples in it. She told me to tell the hairdresser to be careful of those staples when she shampooed my hair.

From there I went over to Karan's and left the newspapers for the shelter and then out to wash my car and run it through the dryer. After that I went out to Denise's and left her that book I told her I would give her. We had a nice visit and I left to come back home.

Suzanne brought me some homemade chili and I had crackers and cheese with it. It was very good. Then I went out to Sonic and bought a medium cherry limeade slush.

I went by Nancy's and rang the doorbell several times but could not raise her. So I came on back home. I had put the laundry in the washer and dryer and so I took it out and folded and put it away. It's 4:24PM now and so I guess I will go watch the news. 

More later...

I tried several times to call Nancy and she just doesn't answer her phone or her doorbell.

I downloaded another two or three free books from Amazon to read and started one of them. The news was the same old stuff so I turned off the TV and read until bath time and then read some more until bedtime.

About 8:00PM or so my friend, Kelly, texted me and invited me to breakfast tomorrow morning at Eggberts. It will be good to visit with him. We will meet there at 8:00AM. I wanted to give him time to get his chores done. He has cattle to deal with.

I went on to bed after reading awhile longer. It had been a trying day,

 

6 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I'm sorry that you got such a cut on your head. It is so scary to get a cut that bleeds badly, especially if you are home alone at the time. I hope you were able to get the stains cleaned up once you stopped bleeding.

A couple of months ago I slashed my leg so bad with a sharp corner on the dust pan (never noticed that sharp corner on it and have been using it for at least 10 years).After cutting myself I went to the bathroom as it was the closest place to sit down. I saw a small stream of blood and put a cloth on it and when I stood up to go get gauze and bandages, There was a puddle of blood that had run under the heel of my foot that I slipped and almost fell in the bathroom. I got my first aid stuff, sat down on a chair and was putting several layers of gauze and a big bandaid on it. I looked up from my first aid project to see my naughty little black Pomeranian vampire dog was running around licking up all of the trail of blood from the floor like it was the best thing he ever had. You wouldn't believe how fast a 17 year old Pomeranian can move. I hollered at him, but he is deaf and was oblivious. I threw a dog toy at him and he ignored it. I elevated my leg so it would stop bleeding and held pressure on it. By the time my husband came home the floors were all cleaned up (mostly by Fuzzy) and my leg had stopped bleeding. I was worried that the medicines I take may harm Fuzzy, with all of that blood he ingested, but it didn't. I bled so much because I take a blood thinner for AFIB.

I hope the cut on your head heals quickly.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Susie. I think it has finally stopped bleeding now. Cleaning the carpet up was the worst thing once I got my head to stop bleeding.

Donna. W said...

Seems like I bleed very easily these days. I do take a baby aspirin, doctor's orders. I know aspirin makes me bleed more. Also, now that I'm older, my skin is as thin as parchment and I'm all the time finding that I've scratched an arm or leg and it will be bleeding like crazy, even though it doesn't hurt.

Getting old is not for sissies.

Margie's Musings said...

Donna, I know just what you mean. Old skin is not pretty!

Kay said...

Holy smokes! That's awful, Margie! Actually, when we took my mom for her appointment a couple of years ago, the doctor had a bandage across his temple. I asked him what happened and he said he was embarrassed about telling people that he hit his head on the nightstand when he rolled out of bed in the morning. And yes, he got stitches too. I'm amazed at all you did with a cut on your head. You are Superwoman!

Margie's Musings said...

The worst part was trying to clean up all that blood. I rent this apartment from a dear friend and you have to get to blood with cold water before it dries. I really felt like Stupidwoman!