Saturday, March 20, 2021

Saturday and A Zoom Meeting

I slept very well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. And I  have dressed and had my breakfast and am now having my coffee. 

I heard from my nephew this morning on e-mail. I had sent him instructions to the country church and cemetery where his dad's ashes will be put next to my sister's grave on the 31st. It doesn't appear he will be coming to the services.. I forwarded his e-mail to Diana, his older sister. He didn't come to his mother's services either and she died in 2012. He lives in Rogers Arkansas.

I hope I am wrong and he ends up coming.  His only daughter's husband died in a motorcycle accident earlier and she moved closer to him after that and got a job. He has been helping her with her car payment and has her 20 pound cat at his apartment and that may enter into the equation. I don't know.  

This morning at 9:20AM we have a Zoom meeting with president Veazey of our world church headquarters. He is touching base with many of our congregations because they are all closed worldwide and have been  having services in some places by Zoom. 

I never did get my apartment cleaned this week. I will try to get it done sometime today. 

I am just finishing my Chai now and it is 6:07AM. I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and then the news but before that, I will check on the cats and get them fed. I miss checking on my brother-in-law Bob. I did that for years sometime before 6:30AM each morning.

More later...Well, I watched the CBS news for whatever that was worth.

I also fed several cats this morning and put away their dishes when they were finished eating.

About 9:20AM, I will log onto Zoom. It's only 8:15AM right now. So I have awhile.

More later...

I was involved with the Zoom conference and almost through it when Joanne called. 

She wanted to talk to me about having a small reception following the services on the 31st and have it at the senior center. I told her I would talk to Leslie and Melissa...Melissa is a doctor. Leslie also talked to Denise about it. Melissa thought it would be fine since the senior center takes temperatures of anyone coming in there and we would wear face masks and keep our distance apart until we eat. We wouldn't know how many to expect to come.

Suzanne came by this afternoon and took me  to the cemetery to pick up flowers she had decorated graves with. Then we walked all around the cemetery. It was exercise I badly needed.Then we went to the local drive in and she bought me a cherry limeade. When I got back home I read again.

Joanne also wanted to make up a collage of pictures of Bob for the service. I spent some time going through my photo albums and taking out photos of Bob. I will take them to Joanne on Monday after my appointment to remove my staples.

It's 6:46PM now and there is no news. The basketball games are still going strong. I will probably watch something I have recorded until after 7:00PM and then take my bath and put my PJs on.

Sometime around 9:00PM. I will go on to bed.

2 comments:

Kay said...

It’s really hard to travel these days. I’m sorry for the sad time you’re having right now, Margie.

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Kay!! I appreciate your sentiments!!