Friday, June 18, 2021

Friday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I have had my usual oatmeal breakfast and am on my coffee now.

I got my Cox bill this morning and have scheduled it to be paid in a couple of days.

Since I didn't clean yesterday and went with Leslie to Bartlesville instead, I will clean today. Then at 11:00AM I will go over to Coffeyville for the $3.00 lunch Asbury Village provides once a month at the senior center. I really need the fellowship. All my Caney friends except Nancy have either moved away or I have outlived them. I will also deposit Shirley's $55.00 check I received yesterday in the mail to help with the expense of the class newsletter this December.  That was very nice of her to send. I sent her a thank you note yesterday.

It's 6:00AM now and I will go catch the weather and see what cats may be out there for their breakfast. So, more later.... 

Same two cats there for breakfast. I fed them and then brought the food back in  and covered it. If I leave it out there ants get into it.

I watered all the plants and most of the lilies are blooming now.  I need to put some more serum in the  hummingbird feeder. I filled it yesterday but they must have really hit it over the day and night.

I have mopped and vacuumed the apartment and cleaned up the vacuum sweeper. Now I will dust. Then I will be finished for another week. 

I got the dusting done for another week and it's only 8:26AM. But I am tired already. I guess I will read for awhile and rest.

At 10:00AM,  I went over to Coffeyville for the senior lunch. Asbury Village cooks for the senior center the third Friday each month. It was Lasagna and beans, salad and toasted french bread and a dessert. Very good and very nice for $3.00. There were 25 or 30 people there for it.  I also later went out to Woodshed and bought gas. I stopped at the nail place, Happy Nails, and  got my pedicure. It had been a long while since I had had one. Then I came on home to Caney.

My new battery for the notebook had come with the mail. I put it in and began charging it. It should be fully charged by morning.

Later I decided to drop over to Nancy's and see if she would answer her phone. She did and I stayed and visited with her until Samantha came to see to her supper and her evening meds. Dale had called her with an update on David, her son. He is slowly recovering from his illness. He had a bacterial infection. He had been in a coma for two weeks but is waking up now. It will be awhile until he is fully recovered. I came on home at 6:30PM.

More later....

I watched the CBS evening news that I had recorded and then read until bath time at 7:30PM. I fed one cat...Blondie. None of the others came for supper. Then I read until 9:30PM and went on to bed. It was a productive day.


No comments: