Wednesday, June 16, 2021

Wednesday and No Hair Appointment

I slept pretty well last night although I did wake up a couple of times. But I got right back to sleep. I have the sermon on Sunday and I had that on my mind. Sunday is also Father's Day. So a couple of weeks ago when I learned I was to speak on Father's Day, I wondered how to tie the story of David and Goliath to Father's Day.  After some cogitating and more prayer, I thought I had it figured out. While it was fresh in my mind, I wrote it down.  Now, I hope it works out. We will see.

I have had my breakfast and gone over the notes for Sunday's sermon. Now I will need  to check the weather and the cat situation.

Again, the only cats that came for breakfast were Scruff and Blondie. I fed them, watered my flowers and tried to watch the CBS news but it was all about the summit between Putin and Biden. The press is trying to second guess them. That isn't going to work. I doubt anything important will come out of the meeting. Putin has everything to gain and nothing to lose.  We will see.

It's 9:05AM now. I may do some laundry since I have nothing else going today.

My beautician is on vacation with her family. So I will wash my own hair this evening and blow it dry.


May be an image of African daisy and outdoors 

How about that! More lilies blooming!

I watched the episode of Bull that I had recorded on Monday evening. I will need to watch it again next Monday night. It's a two part episode.

I guess I will try to raise Nancy again. She may be napping. More later... 

She wasn't napping and she came to the door dressed. We visited awhile and then we took a long ride just to get her out of the house and have a chance to see something of the town.

I took her to the market and she bought some of that grape tasting water, some bread, some bagels and  a coffeecake mix.

Then I took her home and we visited some more. Jess, the elderly man who sometime visits with her came about 4:15PM and I stayed and visited with him a bit but came home at 4:30PM or so to dry the clothes I put in the wash this morning.

At 5:30PM I will watch the CBS news. We will see how Biden and Putin got along during their meeting today. I don't expect miracles.

More later...

I don't think Biden or any other president will be able to deal with Putin. 

I took my shower at 7:00PM and stayed up until 11:00PM to read. Then I went to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The lilies are pretty. Hope you’ll share the special sermon.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Your flower bed gets prettier and prettier by the day!