Sunday, June 27, 2021

Sunday and Church

I slept fitfully last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM, dressed and got myself ready for church. I  had brought in my hanging plants when it began to rain last night. I probably could have left them out last night. I was a light rain. Now I will need to water them for today or they may be dry today if it doesn't rain in the daytime. I set them back outside this morning.

I have had my breakfast bar and oatmeal and am now working on my coffee. In a little while, I will go turn on the weather channel. It's supposed to rain all week.

Karan is the speaker this morning at church. She is usually pretty good. The last time she spoke, she used a recorded message from the Ontario, Canada, church. I prefer a live speaker myself. If I wanted a recorded speaker, I would have stayed home and watched it on my desktop computer.

I am sending my notebook computer to Keith on Wednesday. I will send it UPS at the drugstore on Eighth street. I have it packed with bubble wrap and peanuts. I sent it that way when I sent him my Dell laptop a couple of years ago. Unfortunately, he sent it back by US Postal service and they must have thrown it off the truck because it was all broken up. He had packed it the same way I sent it to him so it was the post office's fault.

I will go turn on the TV and watch the weather channel. When it gets light I will go out and water the plants.  It's only a little past 6:00AM now.

It's raining lightly now so I won't have to water the plants after all. 

I was a little lightheaded but when I took my blood pressure, it was perfectly normal.  

I drove over to Coffeyville and went to the bank and got some money for  the week. Then I went on out to church and swept off the front as well as the inside where there were dead bugs. Kelly had sprayed and there were several dead bugs. As Leslie always says, when you build a church in the country you will have bugs.

Johnna was the speaker at church.  She did a good job. Afterward Phyllis and I and Rick and Carmen went to Sam's and had lunch. Then I dropped off Phyllis at church to get her car and came on back to Caney myself. I read awhile and even fell asleep in my chair while reading. It's 3:48PM now.

The rain has stopped.  It will undoubtedly rain some more later. It's supposed to rain all week. 

I watched the golf tournament  until it went off. That made 60 Minutes an hour late but I watched it anyhow and had my bath afterward and read until bedtime. I left the plants out overnight. I don't believe it rained this evening so I will need to water them in the morning.  I went to bed about 9:00PM. I was very tired.

2 comments:

Donna. W said...

After the nurse-practitioner trying one dose and then another, it seems my blood pressure is finally doing well. The numbers have been almost perfect for over a week!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.