Thursday, July 1, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept pretty well last night and was only up once in the night. As usual, I was up at 5:00AM. I have dressed for the day, made my bed and myself too. I will probably clean today....at least mop the floors/ I had the hanging plants in last night to protect them from the hard rain. I put them back out this morning. I haven't had the forecast on yet this morning. 

After I took out the  plants I fed the three yellow cats. The neighbor's big yellow cat ran off the other two. I brought in the food. I hate feeding the neighbor's cat.  They need to feed him at home.

I have had my breakfast and washed the dishes. In a bit, I will go turn on the TV and watch the weather and the CBS news. I sure miss the notebook. I could post and watch the TV at the same time with it. Maybe I should look into buying a new battery for the laptop in the den. Right now, in order to get the signal I have to use a USB plug in and keep it plugged into the desktop computer. I only have one plug in for the entire room and I have a multi plug in that one.

I guess I will go watch the weather now. More later.... Looks like we may have a few days of sunshine in the next week. I am ready for that.

Blondie, who didn't get enough to eat before being chased away, came back while I was sweeping off the walk and drive. I brought out his bowl again and he is eating out there now. Poor cat. Being chased away by a cat who has an owner is disgusting.

I guess I will put the solar kitty back out to catch some rays.

I worked on the puzzle until 1:30PM  the I realized I hadn't even eaten any lunch. So I stopped then and heated up my sandwich from Monday and had that.

I went out to Dollar General and bought some more wet swifters.  I got part of the apartment mopped before I ran out of wet swifters. I may just vacuum tomorrow. I have nothing else going on then.

I may just read this afternoon. I worked on the puzzle all morning besides what mopping I got finished.. 

More later... 

Another puzzle finished: It was a doozy too! Took me nearly all day.

May be an image of indoor 

It's 4:57PM now. I will finish my housework tomorrow. Now I will read awhile before turning on the news.

I had some strawberry shortcake for an afternoon snack. Yum!

More later...

I read after the news was over and took my bath at 7:00PM and then read some more . It's 9:15PM now and I will go to bed as soon as I put this blog on Keith's blog site.

2 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I wonder if your neighbors don't feed their cat, or maybe they do and he is just greedy. They may be cutting down on his food because he is getting fat (from eating the food you put out).

The soil in our yard is so damp I can smell the mold from it. My husband hasn't been able to mow the grass because of the wetness. The last time he mowed the grass was close to three weeks ago. The battery for that lawnmower had quit charging and you can't buy that kind anymore, luckily the grass was too wet to mow, because he had to buy a new lawnmower from Home Depot and wait for it to be shipped. Now we have the new mower and the grass is still staying too wet to mow. It is high now. I bet he will have to do it longer length first and then another pass closer to the ground. It's like we are having our own monsoon season around here. It is supposed to cool off for the Fourth of July weekend, to the 80's, and dry out, Yay! Our yard should be looking better soon.

Margie's Musings said...

I wondered about that too, Susie I resent feeding that neighbor's cat but if I don't, he chases they others off.

I am hoping my yard will be dry enough to mow by tomorrow...or at least Saturday. It doesn't look too bad yet but in a couple of days it will really need it.