Friday, July 9, 2021

Friday and Dusting

I slept well last night and was only up once. I got up at 5:30AM and got myself ready for the day. I have had most of my breakfast....all except my oatmeal and I am starting on that now. I am almost out of juice so sometime in the next few days I will have to go back to the market. I have enough leftovers from yesterday's dinner to just warm them up in the microwave and eat that for lunch.    

I just set the solar kitty outside to gather some rays when the sun comes out. The yard is supposed to be mowed this afternoon. I am almost out of cash again since I put the mowing money in an envelope for the mower. I think I have $10.00 left in cash. I usually just use my debit card to pay for groceries and gas.

I need to dust today. Everything else was done yesterday. I do need to put the filters back in the vacuum sweeper. I wash them and leave them out to dry overnight each time I use the vacuum sweeper.

It's 6:38AM now and I need to go turn on the weather and check on the cats. So more later...

I am so glad to have the notebook back so I can use it in the recliner. It's a little slow now but maybe it will get faster with use.

I may call Cox complete care to see if they can make this notebook a little faster. It seems very slow and it charged all day and all night. Still it's good to have it back. I don't have to go back to the den and sit at that laptop. I can sit at the recliner and watch the weather and news.

I have put away the cat food. Only two of the cats came for breakfast...both yellow cats....Scruff and Blondie. They finished eating quickly and were gone.

More later....

I got some cash just in case I need it before next Sunday or even Wednesday.  Now I will try to call Nancy and go to the market.

I tried to call Nancy but just as I connected. the phone hung up. I tried three times but couldn't reach her so I went over to visit . I took her some strawberries and some of that banana nut bread I had taken to Bunco on Wednesday. 

She wanted to go to Eggbert's to eat so we did that. She bought lunch as usual...at least she had intended to. I stopped by my place and gave her the strawberries I had saved for her and some banana nut bread I had left from Bunco too. I ended up giving $10.00 toward lunch as she didn't have as much cash as she thought. After we went back to her house we visited awhile and then I had to come home because my mower was to be here to mow at 2:00pm.

The young girl got the yard mowed and I paid her. Finally I decided I wasn't going to have a phone if I didn't find out what the problem was so I went over to US Cellular to have it fixed. Some scammer had downloaded a couple of apps that were taking over the phone. The manager there delete them and I had my phone back. 

Then I started  to use the notebook Keith had just fixed and it shut down again with an error message that said that had happened to keep it from overheating. So, once again, I don't have a laptop computer I can use in the living room on my lap. I think I will replace the battery on the laptop Scott gave me and just use it.  

Always something...now I have another message on my phone telling me I have won millions of dollars. I know a scam when I see one. I deleted the message.

I never did get my dusting done. I will do it tomorrow.

More later...

I took my bath at 7:00PM and read until 10:45PM when I went on to bed.

 


2 comments:

Donna. W said...

Can't you use the notebook while it's charging? I use my computer and iPad both while they charge, if I need to; also my phone.

Margie's Musings said...

Keith says it's a hardware problem. There's an error message saying it's overheating and that shuts it down. I have another laptop and I have ordered a new battery for it.