Wednesday, July 7, 2021

Wednesday and Bunco

I slept well last night and was up later this morning. I think it was nearly 6:00AM before I got up. I made my bed and dressed and made myself up ready for the day. I am eating my breakfast now and it's 6:30AM. That's late for me.

I want to be in Coffeyville by 9:00AM for my hair appointment.  It's at 9:30AM but Toni likes me to be early. If she finishes her workout early, she will take me early. Then I have to fool around until noon and eat something at Sonic for lunch and Bunco at 1:00PM. I usually get a few things at Walmart and gas but I did that on Sunday after church. It will be a long morning. I will take my Kindle and read at the senior center.

Now I want to check the weather. We were supposed to have rain today but it doesn't look like rain yet. The forecast may have changed. Then I will check out the cats and see if any have come for their breakfast. 

So more later... 

Blondie and Scruff were here for breakfast. I watched the weather and later the CBS news. As soon as the cats were finished eating I took their food back in . I watered the hanging baskets and also the flowerbeds before I left for Coffeyville. I also took a photo of my latest finished jigsaw puzzle and the tore it down and put the box in the car. I will take the ones I have finished to the senior center.  I had to get the card table and chair put away so I could clean the apartment tomorrow and Friday.

I got over to the beauty shop early as I had planned and Toni got me right in. After she finished with me  I went out to Walmart to get a few things the market at Caney doesn't have. Then I went by the doctor's office and gave them my new supplement information. I will make an appointment for September later and have them check my blood work then. That will be my once a year checkup. I had an appointment in March but during the pandemic I decided not to go. Now the new Delta variant is spreading like wildfire where people are not vaccinated.

Then I went to the senior center and read until time for Bunco.

At 1:00PM, I went on in to Bunco. We played until 3:00PM and I had a good time. Neither Marilyn or Karan were there but Michele and her mother, Belva,  were, so we had plenty to play. They voted to have a second Bunco game the third Wednesday of the month too. We will do prizes for that one. David gives money for prizes for this one the first Wednesday of the month. He thinks it's easier to play for money then to try to find suitable prizes for under $20.00. It's $10.00 for the most Buncos, and $5.00 for the most wins and $5.00 for the most losses. (I had the most losses). Anyhow the fellowship is good too and I always go over on Wednesdays for my hair appointment anyhow. 

The upholstery people had finished all the recovering of the chairs in the game room and the plaque was ready to hang as soon and the board decided where to hang it. I took photos of the chairs and sent them to Diana. She was delighted with what they did with the $500. she had sent the senior center for all the happiness her dad had there with the fellowship he found there during exercise classes. He was the chairman of the board for at least three years before he died. When they get the plaque hung, I will send her a photo of that too.

I got home about 3:00PM and read until evening. I watched the CBS news and  took my bath about 7:00PM and went to bed about 9:30PM after I finished my latest book. 

No comments: