Thursday, July 8, 2021

Thursday and Cleaning

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I made my bed and got myself dressed.  By 6:30AM I had my breakfast eaten... all but the oatmeal and am ready for the day.

I will check the weather as soon as I finish my oatmeal. I will also check on the cats. None of them were here for supper last night. 

I saw the boy across the street last evening and went over to apologize to him about losing my temper when he was throwing firecrackers on my drive and aiming Roman candles toward my roof on Sunday evening. He accepted my apology.

Today I will mop the floors and maybe get started on the vacuuming. If I wear out, I will finish it tomorrow.

I read until 9:45AM and then watered all my flowers.  The rain we were forecast for yesterday evening never materialized. The plants needed water and I swept off the front walk. 

Scruff came for breakfast and later Blondie came too. I am down to feeding two or three cats...all blond. There are no grey ones or black ones anymore.

I contacted Krystal about the mowing and she agreed they would do it tomorrow afternoon. They are not forecasting  rain until possibly Sunday. I told her tomorrow would be fine.

Now I need to do the mopping and perhaps start the vacuuming too. Then I need to go get milk at the market. I am nearly out. I may get my lunch there too. I am really tired of frozen dinners and that's all I have in the freezer.

I changed the furnace filter and have put a fresh one in and I have mopped the bare floors and am ready to run the vacuum. I may not get that all finished today but if I don't, I can finish tomorrow. I wear out awfully easy anymore. Too much sitting around reading, I guess.

I guess I will go to the market now and vacuum when I get back.

I got my milk and bananas and also a dinner from the deli. For a little over six dollars I got meatloaf, mashed potatoes and cream gravy and green beans and a biscuit. And it's so much I can have it again tomorrow. I can hardly beat that. Everything was piping hot. I will warm it up tomorrow in the microwave and have it again. I had some strawberries I had fixed earlier this week and I had some of those for dessert. I have plenty more for tomorrow too. 

I tried to call Nancy but she didn't answer the phone. She is either in the beauty shop or in bed. I don't know which. I will try again later.

Now that I am full, I had better begin vacuuming before I wear completely out.  

I got the bedroom, hall and den vacuumed and I am down in the back now and will rest. All I lack is the living room and dining room rug. I will rest awhile and see if that helps. If not, I will finish tomorrow and dust then too.  It's only 12:15PM and maybe I can finish if I rest awhile now.

I got everything done but the dusting and I can do that tomorrow. I got the dining room rug and the living room finished. I am really tired now. It's only 1:57PM. I may just leave the dusting until tomorrow. I may look for something to watch on Amazon Prime. I am tired of reading. I have read two of the three books I downloaded two days ago.

I am watching the CBS news now. It is 5:46PM and I am using the notebook Keith worked on for me. I charged it all afternoon but it wad very slow coming up when I booted it up. I am hoping this is only temporary and it will get faster loading up .

It's nearly 6:00PM now. I plan to take my bath at 7:00PM and go to bed at 9:00PM. All I have planned for tomorrow is to dust the apartment.

5 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

The fireworks aimed for your roof are not a good thing. In the community where my daughter lives they have pretty good sized fairly new two story homes. There were 4 houses that were damaged by fireworks. At one house the man of the house put used up fireworks in the trash can next to his garage outside. The trash can ended up with a fire going inside of it which caught fire to his garage and other parts of his home and then the heat from that fire melted the siding and started a fire at his next door neighbor's house. I was surprised that newer homes would catch fire so easily. It has been raining almost every day around here so luckily things were not bone dry or there would have been many more fires, I am sure.

You did good apologizing to the boy. Sometimes that is not so easy to do. Maybe if his parents found out, they will start keeping an eye on him.

Margie's Musings said...

I knew I was doing the right thing by apologizing. He didn't mean anything bad by it. He is just a 12 year old boy. He was very gracious in accepting my apology.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks for commenting, Susie!

Galla Creek said...

Glad you are staying busy. It’s humid and hot here. Hope you have cooler weather.

Margie's Musings said...

It's 11:45AM and 80 degrees already here in southeast Kansas...plenty hot for so early in the day, Sister-Three.