Monday, July 5, 2021

Monday and No Laundry

Last night was a nightmare. The cherry bombs, Roman candles and pop bottle rockets went on for hours and the noise was deafening.  Finally, at 10:30PM, it stopped and evidently the kids ran out of fireworks and went on to bed. I was exhausted with the entire week of noise. They even threw some firecrackers on my driveway. I tried to run them off but to no avail. I just ended up making a fool of myself. Some larger cities have passed ordinances to keep the fireworks to just the 4th. Hutchinson is one of them.

I think I will do laundry tomorrow. I need to change my bed then too.  

I went out and picked up all the firecrackers off my drive and swept off Brandon's drive. It was completely covered in the grass from his mowing. I knew if the wind came up, it would be on my drive next. I would have blown it off with my blower but I figured that would wake up the neighborhood.

Scruff came for breakfast this morning and later the neighbor's cat ran him off and ate some of the food I had put out for him. He is still out there eating on it.

I read all afternoon and had a frozen lunch and then watched "Hidden Figures", the second movie Scott recommended I watch. I had seen it at the theater but it was good to watch it again on Amazon Prime. I will call Nancy tomorrow and see if she would like to see it tomorrow afternoon.

I watched the CBS news this evening at 5:30PM and took my bath after that. I will read until 9:00PM or so and then go on to bed.

I didn't get any laundry done today. I want to strip my bed tomorrow and I will wash sheets, towels and my underwear.


4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Really loud fireworks were going on here since around 9am on the 4th until 3:30, I think it was. We also in normal times hear gunfire here quite often. I think that may be a St Louis and vicinity thing, since so many people have guns now, they just want to fire them off sometimes, I guess. I am sure there was a lot of gunfire mixed in with the fireworks in our neighborhood last night--yee hah! (not). I have often questioned myself if it is wise to have our chairs with the backs to the window in the living room, but I have never figured out another arrangement that would work due to electrical outlets needed etc. The fireworks and noise will go on for days and days more. It gets old. Luckily our little Fuzzy dog was never afraid of them, and now he is deaf, so they aren't a problem for him. I hate it when they are loud enough to wake me from a deep sleep. Makes me mad and cranky.

Margie's Musings said...

The 4th of July fireworks needs to be kept to just Independence Day. An entire week of the noise is just way too much and completely unnecessary.

Suemn said...

Margie, Where I live, the fireworks will continue for several more weeks. It seems they wait for the week before July 4th or the week of July 4th and then continue throughout the month. I have a dog that is really scared of the loud noises and there's nothing I can do or say to calm him down. Last night was horrible for him and he was very anxious and trembled until he was exhausted and fell asleep as the loud fireworks continued. I am, unfortunately I guess, close to quite a few parks so I can't get away from the noise. My neighbors are okay because they have a limited amount of fireworks. Of course, I never see anyone lighting anything off when I look outside so they may sound like they are coming from next door but are really a little further off. Good Luck with tonight!

Margie's Musings said...

I heard no more fireworks today, Suemn. I am grateful for that.