Saturday, July 10, 2021

Saturday and Still No Dusting

I slept well last night. I ordered a new battery for this laptop. I have given up on the notebook. After I get the new battery and it is charged, I will just unhook it from the cord and take it into the living room with me. I hope that works out.

I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee now.

Today, I really must dust. I have put it off as long as possible.

I have finished my breakfast and will go check out the weather and the cat situation now and get back to this later.

I fed Scruff and she was the only one out there this morning. When she finished eating, I took the food in the apartment.

I have watered all the plants. I still haven't seen  the weather. It must have been on while I was watering. I have put the solar kitty out this morning to get some rays.

Blondie came for breakfast after all. Luckily I had only taken the food in the kitchen so I set it out for him. He ate what he wanted and then went to find shelter before the rain begins. It's just sprinkling now.

I finally saw the weather.It's supposed to rain this afternoon and tonight and even tomorrow. I started to trim the yard but the battery went down on my trimmer after just a short while. I have it on the charger now. I may not get the trimming finished if it rains like it's forecast. Also I brought the solar kitty back in.

More later... 

I trimmed the hedge this afternoon after I had my dinner. I am waiting for the battery to charge on my trimmer so I can finish the trimming on the yard. 

I warmed up the dinner I got Tuesday at the market here in Caney...meatloaf, mashed potatoes and  green beans and a biscuit. It warmed up well and I am full. I had some punch with it. This afternoon I went to the market and bought water and juice. I also bought that can of tomato bisque the manager ordered for me. Then I came back home.

I have read another free Amazon book all morning and finally stopped at noon to eat my lunch. I finished that book. It was called "Chocolates With a Side of Murder". I have two more to read before I can download more. One is called    " Cozy Up to Blood" and the other is "Cozy Up to Murder". Both are by Colin Conway.

I got word from Amazon that my new Dell laptop battery will be here on Monday. Then after I get it in, it will have to charge it before I can use it without the electric cord.  

I saw that the battery on the trimmer was charged and decided to do that before I dust. If it rains, I can still dust... where, if it rains, I wouldn't  be able to trim so I decided to do the trimming instead. That's done now for a couple of weeks.

It's1:25PM now and I guess I'll go back to reading. It's either that or dust. I guess I'll read and rest up.

At evening we had a heck of a storm...lots of thunder and lightening and a lot of rain. We were under severe storm warnings but they were mostly south of here. It finally cleared off. I had brought the hanging plants in and when it cleared up I took them back out. Now I hope for no more storms until morning. I have tried to protect my hanging plants but another storm like that one will ruin them..especially if I am at church when it happens and especially if there is hail along with it.

I have fed Scruff this evening and the big yellow cat that lives across the street on State came but Scruff refused to let him eat. She could be pregnant. She's pretty small everywhere but her tummy. It looks suspicious.

I watched the weather all evening until 7:00PM when I took my bath. I guess I will read until bedtime. I never did get the dusting done today. 

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

 

 

No comments: