Saturday, July 17, 2021

Saturday and Dusting

I slept much better last night even though I was up once in the night. I was up at my usual 5:00AM this morning. And I am eating my breakfast now. It is 6:00AM now. I didn't get a lot done yesterday but working on the puzzle and reading. I did get the yard trimmed and swept off the walk and driveway. 

I am dressed and ready for the day today. I have been having trouble with my TV picture tearing. I have talked to Cox about it and they seem to think it is my Tivo. They say it is an older model and as it ages it causes problems with reception. Personally I think it is Cox. I know I am not giving up the Tivo. I enjoy recording programs when I am not going to be here to watch them. And it gives me access to all sorts of movies and older (and better) TV shows through Amazon Prime.

I am going to go check out the weather and check out the cat situation too and will get back to this later...

Both Blondie and Scruff were there to be fed. They both ate and I brought the bowls in out of the  weather. 

I see we have a 50% chance of rain today and the rest of the weekend. I will have to watch out for the hanging plants and the solar kitty.

I got my hedge trimmed just in time. It's raining now. I brought in the solar kitty just in time too.

It's 9:21AM now and I just brought the plants into the apartment before the rain destroys them. I brought the glass topped table in with the one from the patio because as hard as it's raining they would just be destroyed. The one from the front, I just put under the shelter by the front door. Hopefully that will be enough to protect it.

More later...I'm not going anywhere in this rain. I have been reading all this morning and watching for the rain to get harder so that I have to protect my two plants.

Another puzzle finished and this time 500 pieces. It took me three days. Karan gave me this one.

 May be an image of indoor

The back flowerbed is thriving!


May be an image of African daisy and outdoors 

And this one is overpowering the flowerbed. 


May be an image of outdoors 

Everything grew and grew! Good pasture dirt makes all the difference.

After the rain stopped I put the hanging plants back out. They are doing well.

Here's the one out back  with the hummingbird feeder.


May be an image of flower and outdoors 

 This down here below is the one out in the front.


May be an image of flower, outdoors and brick wall

More later...I will go watch the CBS evening news.

Well that didn't work out. Cox is having trouble with the TV signal in our area so I read instead until 7:00PM when I took my bath. I read until 9:00PM and then went on to bed.

 

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have inherited your sleep problems.

Margie's Musings said...

Oh my! I am so sorry!!

Donna. W said...

We use an Amazon Fire TV stick. Costs $39, sometimes on sale for less. It doesn't record anything, but it streams many good movies and shows, and you don't need a new TV to use it, either. Doesn't require a "smart" tv. That's about all we use to watch TV any more, except for local news.

Margie's Musings said...

I am the same way and record anything I am not around to watch. Today's programming is terrible in my opinion. I watch very little TV except the news and PBS.

Galla Creek said...

The flowers just brighten up the world.

Margie's Musings said...

True...so true!! I have always had flowerbeds,