Sunday, July 11, 2021

Sunday and More Rain

I slept well last night and was up at my usual time. I read until 9:30PM and finally went on to bed. 

This morning I was up close to 5:00AM, made the bed and dressed and got myself ready for church. I am having my breakfast now and it's 5:38AM.  

It's supposed to storm again today. I hope it won't hail because my car would be damaged setting out in it. Everyone's else's would be too.

I haven't had the weather on yet nor have I checked on the cats. It's not even  6:00AM yet and I usually don't feed them until sometime between ..6:00AM to 6:30AM....around that time.

I put away the notebook computer this morning. It had been plugged in all night and half the day yesterday and never did charge. And it had a new battery too. I was never able to get it past the error message that came up again yesterday. Keith now thinks it is a hardware problem. I have ordered a new battery for this laptop and it should be here Monday...tomorrow... according to Amazon. Hopefully it will charge. I will leave it plugged in until it says it is fully charged and use the desktop computer until then. 

It's nearly 6:00AM now. I will go turn on the TV and see what the weather station has to say. If they are still predicting storms, I will bring in the hanging plants again and set them on dinner plates out of the weather.

We have a smaller chance of rain today. Unless it begins to rain before I leave for church, I will leave the plants out.

Scruff and Blondie showed up for breakfast and I fed them. I am pretty sure Scruff is pregnant. Her tummy is kind of large and I think I see some movement in it. Time will tell.

I watched "Hope in the Morning" this morning. It's interesting how they help wild animals and then turn them loose in the wold to make it on their own. 

It's 7:11AM  now. I won't leave for church until 9:00AM. Church doesn't start until 11:00AM. Leslie is speaking this morning. When I get there early, I sweep up the mess at the front door...and any other mess I find. 

More later....It's 7:50AM now and I will not be leaving until 9:00AM. It appears the rain won't start until afternoon and I hope that's correct. I will be home by then. I have set the solar kitty out to catch some rays this morning.

I have also texted the congregation that I hope to see them at the services this morning. I hope that helps attendance. This pandemic has really affected our attendance. The counties all around Montgomery County are in the red zone...meaning they have too many cases of the virus to hold services. So far, our county, Montgomery County, is holding it's own in yellow.

The bulb has gone out in my camera on the desktop computer. I guess that means I won't be able to watch the Mission Center worship service this evening. Leslie is speaking there too this evening. I just bought that camera during the pandemic. It didn't last long.

More later...

I left for Coffeyville at 9:00AM and went to get gas when I got there. Then I went by Karan's and left the newspapers I had saved for her for the shelter. 

From there I went to the church and swept off the bugs in front of the church. I turned on the PA system too and made up a sheet for the attendance. There were 19 of us there today..which is not bad for our small congregation.

Leslie had a very good sermon! I texted her after I got back to church to tell her. Phyllis and I got away before we had an opportunity to tell her.

Then four of us went to "Just Us" to eat out. It was very good and Rick bought all four of us our lunch.

After lunch, I took Phyllis back to the church to get her car and came on back home myself.

It doesn't appear we have had any rain here. The plants both look good. I will keep an eye of them though. I don't want them to drown in the event rain does start here.

More later...

I went out to Leslie's to have her test out my laptop to see if it had a camera. It did. I just didn't know it did.The dot we found on it that was a camera was dark and needed to be cleaned off so we could get a picture. She set up an account for me and saved the password so I wouldn't have to mess with that every time I used it.

It's not raining here now. The sun is shining. Evidently it can't make up it's mind what it wants to do. Leslie says it's raining out at their place now. 

It's 4:21PM now and she will be speaking at the Mission Center site at 6:00PM. I will record 60 Minutes this evening at 6:00PM and watch it later.

More later...;The laptop wanted me to do a backup of the drive. Luckily I had some DVD RW's that were blank so I have begun a backup of that drive.

Now as soon as that is finished. I will take my bath and watch the recording of 60 Minutes.

I plan to read until I go to bed after that.

It is 7:20PM now.

More later...I read until 9:30PM and then went on to bed.

No comments: