Wednesday, July 14, 2021

Wednesday and a Hair Appointment

I slept much better last night. I was still up at 5:00AM but that's my usual rising time. Now I had better get my breakfast. I am hungry. I'll be back to this in a minute or two.

I have my breakfast here now. I will just blog while I eat. 

I will have to pay my car insurance and rental insurance while I am in Coffeyville this morning. I hope that agent will be in her office. Otherwise I will have to mail my check in. I would rather pay in person.

I didn't hear any more from that factory outlet in this morning's e-mail. I was hesitant to order online from a factory outlet anyhow. I never like to use my debit card for online purchases.  It's scary. With Amazon, I have a separate credit card and that's all I use it for. They pay the postage with any returns too. I have only returned anything twice with Amazon...this battery and an electric ice crusher that didn't work. They refund through that credit card.

My hair appointment is at 9:15AM.  I will leave here about 8:45AM. It's only 6:18AM now so I have plenty of time. 

More later...I want to go check the weather.

It looks like we have a chance of rain for five days. Hopefully it won't all develop. I want to get my yard mowed sometime this week....Thursday or Friday, I hope.

Both Blondie and  Scruff came for their breakfast. When they finished I brought their food into the garage and covered it..

I got all the flowers watered until evening. By then the water will have evaporated or been used by the plants. So in this kind of weather, I water twice a day.

It's 8:01AM now. In about 45 minutes, I will leave for Coffeyville.

So, more later...I left for Coffeyville at 8:45AM and got there just in time to go to the bank and then to the beauty shop. I got my hair done and then decided to go get gas. As I was leaving the beauty shop Leslie texted me to tell me Montgomery County was now in the red...which means we had to cancel the Labor Day retreat. We have too many covis19 cases to have th retreat. Leslie will keep tabs on the church's site to see if we have to cancel church services too. I will be surprised if we don't. We may have to go back to virtual church services again.

Unfortunately, a train was stuck on the track out by the Woodshed and everyone was turning around and heading back to town to use Walnut street. When we got there, we found another train was blocking Walnut Street.  I went on out to Walmart and got the three things I needed even though I had intended to get them at the Caney Market. When I got through there and got back to Walnut street, the tracks were cleared so I went out to Woodshed and bought my gas. I was going to take the Buckeye road back to town but I noticed the train was STILL blocking that road so I took Walnut back to town too. 

I stopped by the Shelter Insurance office and paid my car insurance and the rental insurance too.That was over $300. altogether...a chunk of money!

Then I dropped by Karan's and left the newspapers for the animal shelter. She appeared not to be home. 

Then I came back to Caney. I stopped at the Caney Sonic and bought the kids Wacky Pack with chicken strips and tater tots and a tiny coke...all for $2.18. (On Wednesdays that's a regular special.) I am full now.  That should hold me until late afternoon when I have my banana for supper. 

I intend to read now.

I went over to Nancy's and Sandy was there visiting too. I stayed until 6:18PM and then came home to watch the CBS evening news which I had recorded.  I will watch that before I take my bath and read again. 

More later... 

And that's what I did.I went to bed at 9:00pm..Very tired!!

1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

In my neighborhood I have two friends who had been fully vaccinated a while back. Two weeks ago my friend got what she thought was a real bad cold or bronchitis. She went to an urgent care and they told her it was bronchitis. She was taking the antibiotic they prescribed. A couple of days later her brother woke up with his eye so severely matted that it affected his vision. She drove him to the Urgent Care and even though he had been vaccinated too, they tested him for covid and then tested her, and it turned out that they both had it, even though they had been fully vaccinated. Apparently the matted eyes is a big symptom of covid. My husband and I are both back to wearing our masks when we go inside anywhere now. I have also read about another blogger and she and her husband, both had been vaccinated, had what felt like bad bronchitis, went to the doctor and were tested positive for covid, their son and daughter have it also, the son is young and unvaccinated, but has an asymptomatic case. She is from near Springfield, MO and I am in St. Louis. So it looks like vaccinated people from one side of Missouri to the other are starting to get Covid, I had read quite a few weeks ago that they test the water/sewer purification plants and the Delta variant of the Covid was showing up in their testing results which meant there were quite a lot of people with the Delta variant here in Missouri. I don't know why the CDC is recommending if people are vaccinated
they don't need to wear masks, without any clarification about some states are having heavy outbreaks of Delta variant Covid. So, for my husband and I it's
a-masking we will go. Hey- ho, hey ho. Bah.

I had to get my hair cut today, it's been since March 2020 since it was last cut. My hair had gotten so long but not evenly and had become stringy and unkempt looking. I'm 67 and that kind of long hair really is not attractive on a woman my age.
My hair cutter didn't have a mask on, so I was kind of nervous about that.