Sunday, August 22, 2021

Sunday and Online Church

I woke up once in the night but got right back to sleep and didn't get up until almost 6:00AM...late for me. I made my bed and dressed and got myself ready for the day. I am having my breakfast now. One reason I slept so well is I had raked the front yard yesterday and bagged up the leaves and then later in the afternoon I took a plastic grocery bag out and picked up the leaves that had blown back over the street and into my yard. I have decided that doing it that way gives me some much needed bending exercise. I really need that because I do so much sitting around and reading. That can't be good for me.

In a little while I will turn on the TV and check out the weather forecast. Earlier in the week we were forecast rain today but that may have changed by now. 

At 11:00AM this morning I will watch the Ontario Canada worship service of our church.  It's called "Beyond the Walls" because that's the way they do it...   virtually. They even broadcast the hymns and project the lyrics and music on the screen so the audience can sing along.

I may tune in on Zoom to watch our Springfield, Missouri, service later on this evening at 6:00PM. It isn't nearly as professionally done so I don't always watch it. But it is our Mission Center and I know the people personally. Our church is divided worldwide into Mission Centers and the headquarters of the church is in Independence, Missouri.

Leslie called me a little while ago to invite me to come out to their house and watch "Beyond the Walls" with her and then go into town to have lunch at the Italian restaurant. John is haying and wants to get that done before they leave for South Dakota next weekend. If we eat in Independence we may bring him back a meal. I will leave here about 10:30AM  since the worship service begins at 11:00AM.

I did see the weather and it appears we will have 100 degree weather all next week except for Wednesday when we will have 101 degree weather.

I need to go check out the news now so back to this later.... 

I did check the news and then afterward I went out to Leslie's. She got on u- tube and was able to get the service on their large TV that way. We watched it and then went in to town to find something open on a Sunday. We ended up at the Dairy Queen. She had a salad and I had their $6.00 special which was a double meat hamburger a huge bunch of french fries and a hot fudge sundae. I had to enlist her help to eat it all. 

After that  we went out north and west of Independence  to find 19th place where David Hill lived. He died suddenly about a month ago. He was working on my grandmother's antique clock and Susan, his wife, will have someone come on Wednesday to put the clocks in his workshop back together and then she will call me to come pick up grandma Moberly's  antique mantle clock. Keith will want it when I am gone and he will find someone in Phoenix that can fix it and get it running again.

It's 2:40PM now and I will get back to my book .

I read until 3:30PM and then my eldest son, Keith, called and visited with me. He leaves Friday for Nigeria for his job. He works as an IT for the department of defense and works on the computers in our embassies all over the world. He will be gone two weeks after being Quarantined for two weeks from Friday. I am concerned that he is going into a country that does not have near enough people vaccinated. He assured me that he would be careful. I certainly hope so. I will put him on my prayer list.

When he gets back they will be going to Chicago to surprise Esther's, his wife's sister, for her birthday.

More later...it's after 4:00PM now.

I watched the CBS evening news and then read until 60Minutes came on. Then I watched  a couple of programs I had recorded. At 7:00PM, I realized I had missed the Mission Center's worship service. So I took my bath, and  put my P.J.s on and brought in the solar kitty from the back yard flowerbed. 

I will read for another hour and then plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

  



No comments: