Thursday, August 26, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept very well last night...might have something to do with going to bed at 10:30PM. I was up shortly before 5:00AM. I have had my breakfast and am drinking my Chai now. I got a lot done yesterday so I might not get as much done today...even though this is cleaning day.I am expecting Schwans today. I ordered a few frozen meals. I don't do that much because they are pretty expensive but the convenience is nice and the meals are good.

I will watch "the weather on the 8's" and the morning news before I begin my cleaning. I will also check for the cats to come for breakfast. They like that wet cat food Suzanne gave me and eat it all.

Just Scruff came this morning and I fed her. Later Blondie showed up but he can eat at his home. I wasn't going to open another can to feed a cat who has an owner. They can feed him.

The clock is still ticking but not keeping time because the hands are too close to the face of the clock and they rub. I don't know what to do about that. I tried to pull them away from the face but I don't think that's going to work. Whoever put the clock back together just put them on too tight.

The weather channel says it will be in the 90's this week. No rain and no 100 degree weather.  I watered all the flowers and even picked up the leaves from my south neighbor's tree out of my back yard. The front is just as bad from the neighbor to the north's tree and it's not even fall yet. And I have a tree of my own in the front. I will just let Krystal or one of her daughter's mow them into the mower's bag. I am not up to any more leaves pick up. I need to trim the back yard today. That will be enough work on top of the housework that's for sure. 

It's 7:42AM now and I am waiting for the CBS morning news at 8:00AM.   More later... 

I watched CBS news.  Then Suzanne came and brought me the Reporters and I read them. It is 10:45AM  now.I went out awhile ago and picked up 3/4 of the leaves on the front yard. Then it got too hot to finish. It's 88 degrees now and will get even hotter as the day wears on. 

I am not sure what I will have for lunch. My Schwan's dinners haven't come yet. I have some mini pizzas but I have had them twice lately and don't want to have them again. I may just have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Or I may go to the market and buy something from their deli. That's probably my best option. 

I ended up having the peanut butter and jelly sandwich. Peanut butter has lots of protein. I don't  get a lot of protein. I did finish the trimming after all. It looks a lot better now.

I went out to Sonic and got a medium Blast.  I sure didn't need that but it sure tasted good after a peanut butter and jelly sandwich.

I will go back to reading awhile. I got the mopping done but still have to vacuum and clean up the vacuum afterward.

It's almost 4:00PM now and I just finished the vacuuming and cleaned up the vacuum sweeper. I left the filters out to dry after washing them. I will put them in in the morning after they are dry overnight. I went out back again with a plastic bag and picked up what new leaves had fallen from my south neighbor's tree. A little later I will water again. It's 97 degrees out there now and I need to stay in.

All I will have for supper is a banana.

About 7:00PM, Laura Finney called and asked if Nancy was with me. I told her I hadn't seen Nancy since last Saturday. She said the little boy next door told her Nancy got into a white pickup truck with a man in a white pickup about 5:00PM.  No one seems to know who he was. Laura asked me to come look around town and see if I could find her. Laura was going to stay at her home in case she came back but Caroline and Michael Estes and I were looking for her. Sandy had been called too and she wasn't with her. Gina called me too.She and Dale are in Ohio visiting grandchildren. About that time,Laura called me back and said Nancy was back and the man in the white pickup was her cousin from Oklahoma. He had come to visit her. 

I stayed until 8:30PM and visited with her and Laura. Nancy and I will go to lunch tomorrow at Copan. That's the plan anyhow. We'll see if she follows through this time.

When I got home, I took my bath and brought in the little solar kitty and brought this blog up to date. 

It's 9:00PM now and I am very tired and will go on to bed.


No comments: