Tuesday, August 24, 2021

Tuesday and Laundry

I slept fairly well last night but was awake a couple of times thinking about having to get my car tag this month and pay the tax on my car. And then sometime before my birthday I will need to renew my driver's license..I will need to go up to Independence to do that. I can take care of the tag and taxes in Coffeyville. That has to be done before the 30th or on the 30th. I have had my breakfast now and am drinking my coffee.

Soon I will go turn on the TV and check out "the weather on the 8's". Then after that I will check to see if any cats are out there wanting breakfast. Yesterday only Blondie came. He was not particularly interested in the food until he discovered it was that cat food Suzanne gave me. It is canned food. He sniffed at it and then ate all of it. Scruff didn't come yesterday and the two of them are the only ones that come anymore. Someone has made off with all the others. I am hoping they took them to a farm and set them loose in a barn...instead of the alternative.

Today I will do laundry. Tomorrow is game day at the senior center in Coffeyville. I will go over for that.  I will need to get a treat for it when I go to get my bananas today at the Caney Market. 

It's nearly 6:00AM now so I will go check the weather. More later...

The weather will be in the high 90'sand 101degrees 100 degrees  all week. I think we are to get rain toward the end of the week..I believe it is Saturday.

Both Scruff and Blondie came for breakfast and I divided one of the cans of the canned cat food Suzanne gave me into the three areas.... the double bowl and the clear square bowl. They licked all that completely clean. It's made by Friskies. They sure liked it!

I am waiting for the CBS news now.... so more later. If I have time I will water the plants and the hanging baskets.  

Well,I got that watering done and also picked up leaves in the back yard.  

Krystal's daughter (or Krystal herself) will mow this evening. It really needs it too. I didn't have it mowed last week at all. I really should have trimmed while it was in the 70's this morning but I watered instead..and got a plastic bag and picked up leaves in the back yard. Now I will have to trim tomorrow morning..early..before I go get my hair done in Coffeyville...probably around 7:00AM.

The trouble with CBS news is they are on an hour and a half, and each thirty minutes segment is basically a repeat of the thirty minutes previous stories.

I hear the trash people are out there now and I had better put away the empty container.

I got the container put away and then I decided to get my blower out and blow away  the leaves on my yard....not that it will do any good. It's my "across the street" neighbor's tree and he never rakes or cleans up the mess. He has a good job and could pay someone to do that but his place is such a mess I assume the inside is the same way. His wife is an RN over at Coffeyville's hospital. So I know she makes plenty of money too.Their place is just an eyesore.

Now I will go to the market and get my bananas. It's 10:00AM and the CBS news is off. When I get back I will read again. Right now I will start the washer.

I got my laundry finished and folded and put away and that's done until Monday when I change the bedding again.

I got my bananas and a fancy cake for my treat at game day tomorrow.

More later...

After I read awhile, I went out to Eggbert's about 1:00PM and had my regular lunch, chicken salad with fruit and a muffin with iced tea. I had called Nancy to see if she wanted to go and she had forgotten we were planning to do that and her caregiver had just arrived so I just went by myself. It worked out fine. The noisy children were there too but they sat around the north corner of the restaurant and their noise didn't annoy me since I was far away from where they were sitting.

Tomorrow after game day I will probably come back to Caney and go to their Sonic where I can get the child's Wacky Pack meal for $2.18...a bargain you can't find at any other Sonic in the area. In fact, I may go out to ours later this afternoon and get a medium cherry limeade slush.
More later...

Krystal called me at 1:45PM and she was in Caney..having finished her work  at the Bartlesville post office. She plans to mow for me herself. She said she could whip it out in 30Minutes and she did and she did a very good job. I went out and trimmed the front and the west side and then was feeling lightheaded so I came in and drank some water and took some out for Krystal. She emptied the mower bag twice and swept up the grass from the bag. She was completely finished at 2:15PM. It took her thirty minutes from start to finish and she did a very nice job. She is very consciences. She earned $25.00 in thirty minutes. 

Tomorrow I will go out about 7:00AM when it's 79 degrees and finish trimming. It's 97 degrees out there now and I can't even trim when it's that hot. She said my face was beet red and sweaty. And it was. Well, that's done for another week.

I'll get back to my book now.

I finished my last book of the three I downloaded yesterday. Even with charging my Kindle I managed to read all three. It's 4:05PM now and It's way too hot to go outside but I need to water the plants again before they die in this heat

I will watch the CBS news when it comes on at 5:30PM but I have some time to water.

More later...I finished my last book and downloaded three more. But it's 7:00PM now and time for my bath. I may read awhile after that until 9:00PM when I plan to go to bed.

No comments: