Friday, September 24, 2021

Friday and Dusting

I slept well last night and was only up once. Then I was able to get right back to sleep. I was up at 5:00AM, as usual. I am dressed and having my breakfast now.

I plan to dust the apartment today and then go to the market and see what they will have for lunch in their deli. I will read my book some more too. I am 2/3 of the way through it.

I may go visit Phyllis tomorrow afternoon if she is up to having company. I will call first and check.

I want to go check the weather forecast and on the cats too. I am finished with my breakfast and am working on my coffee.

So, more later... 

No cats showed up for breakfast this morning. Of course I was reading and they could have just given up but I did check on them a couple of times and "no cats".

It looks like rain is forecast for Wednesday and Thursday and we are having our  "Mystery Tour" on Thursday. Maybe it won't rain where we are going.

I read for an hour and a half and then went out back and picked up leaves  for twenty minutes and watered the back flowerbed..

Now I should water the front flowerbed. So more later... 

I got the front flowerbed watered too. 

And then I printed off the poster I had taken a photo of at the senior center. I blew it up big enough to read. I ran out of ink in my ink cartridge but I did get the poster printed off. I took it over to Nancy's with the book I have been reading. It was Bob Woodward's latest book, "Peril". I called her and then I rang the doorbell several times but she must have been napping because she never came to the door so I took the book over to Rudy. He wanted to read it too.

I drove up to Independence to get another ink cartridge and stopped at the Dairy Queen while I was there and had a blizzard. I stopped at the nursery and looked at their mums for fall flowers. They had some nice ones for $12.95 but I didn't buy any. I still have tall marigolds blooming out there in the back and cockscomb in the mailbox flowerbed still blooming. I even thought about taking down the hanging basket hook in the front and planting mums in there but I don't have a shovel to dig it out with so I just gave it up.

Then I came on back home. I got the dusting done today too and polished everything. I even vacuumed the upholstered chairs. It had been awhile since I did that.

I will go back to the book I started on my Kindle. 

So more later... 

I read a couple of hours on the book on my Kindle and then took my bath at nearly 7:00PM. Got my bed ready for sleep and will probably go to bed about 9:00PM as usual.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Dairy Queen has the best ice cream.

Kay said...

I'm reading Mobituaries now on my Kindle and really find it thoroughly interesting. Have a wonderful weekend, Margie.