Sunday, September 19, 2021

Sunday and Online Church Again

I slept restlessly last night. I guess I was concerned about Nancy's situation.  She's really kind of trapped. There's nothing I can do to help her out of that situation. I have tried to  take her on drives to get her out of the house and also out to eat occasionally. But her family just wants to put her in a nursing home and she does not want to leave her home. I am quite sure this is all about the money and has little to do with her so called "dementia". Sure, she's forgetful but anyone our age has those moments. People twenty years younger then us also have them. Anyhow she just has to tell them "no" emphatically and stick to it. I visit with her twice a week and we can have a nice visit and I seldom notice her forgetfulness. A couple of days ago, I was trying to remember the name of the man that owned the radio station I worked for for twelve years. I couldn't come up with it. Wednesday, it suddenly came to me while I was driving. It was Dick Seaton. That's how it goes.

Anyhow, I have had my breakfast now and am drinking my coffee. I doubt if the cats are out there. They have given up eating here. They no longer want dry cat food. And I am not buying the wet stuff.  I should never have fed them that Suzanne gave me.

In a few minutes I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and see what the forecast is. The last I checked yesterday we were to get rain on Tuesday but that seldom pans out. It's 5:39AM now.

They took the rain out of Tuesday now. I'm not surprised.

I read for a couple of hours then finished my book and opened the front door. Both cats were there...hungry. They were not happy about the dry food but if they get hungry enough they will eat it. Maybe..maybe not...we will see.

It;s 8:30AM now. 

No, they were both gone and if they ate any at all it was very little. I put it back in the can John gave me.

My son, Keith, who works for the department of defense, is back from Nigeria  now. He has been gone a month. I am so happy he is home.

It is 11:00AM now and I will watch the "Beyond the Walls" church service online.

That service  was all about the history of our church. It was very interesting.

More even later... 

I read all afternoon and finally watched part of a football game before watching the 6:00PM mission Center Worship and Communion Service. That is over now and I will take my bath and probably read some more before bedtime at 9:00PM.   

2 comments:

Suemn said...

I hope Nancy is at least put into a Assisted Living area and not into the Nursing Care or Memory Care unit. It doesn't sound like Nancy needs that type of care. With Assisted Living, you are still able to come and go and you pay for the type of assistance, such as someone to give you your medications, etc. I put a little water in with my dog's dry food, would that work for the cats?

Margie's Musings said...

It is supposed to be an assisted living area. I hope that is the case