Thursday, September 23, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept better last night and when I did wake up, I was able to get right back to sleep. I was up at 5:00AM as usual. I have had my breakfast and am working on my coffee right now. It's 5:46AM now. I am dressed and ready for the day. After I watch "the weather on the 8's", I will watch the news and start cleaning as the commercials come on. I always mop the vinyl floors first and then start my vacuuming. I will dust later on this afternoon.

It's still dark out now so I can't tell whether I will have more leaves to rake later on in the morning. I do want to get back to my book. It is going to be a classic. It is called "Peril" and that's what the Trump administration was. Bob Woodward was the Washington Post reporter who helped expose Watergate during the Nixon Administration. He worked with Robert Costa on this book.They co-wrote it. So far it has been hard to put down. I am about a third of the way through it.

I want to check the weather and the cat situation now and will get back to this later.

The weather is to be cool for a few days before it goes back to summer like weather.

Both cats came to eat and both cats ate and left. I watered all the plants. They are still struggling to bloom. I would like to pull them up and plant mums  there. They would come back each year. 

I did pick up a couple of dozen leaves from the back yard. I put that bag full in the trash. I think I will wait to rake the front yard until all the leaves have fallen and then I can rake them into piles and vacuum them up with my leaf vacuum....for once and for all this year.

My TV started tearing again this morning and I called Cox and told them. They gave the signal a jolt and that cleared it up. I never had this problem when I lived in Coffeyville and I see a lot of Cox trucks around Caney so I think we just get a weak signal.

It's 8:20AM now and I guess I will go watch the CBS news. I don't like to watch the Local Tulsa news so I have been watching ABC's "Good Morning America" where I can get some national news. Soon I will go back to my book.

So,more later...

I took this for Nancy:


May be an image of 1 person 

I have it on my phone. I hope to see her this afternoon and show it to her. It was at the senior center on their bulletin board.

More later...

I picked up Nancy at 12:30PM and took her to her hair appointment. Then we went to lunch at Copan Truck Stop and afterward drove around town and stopped at the Chronicle and visited with Rudy and Kathy. I took her home at 4:15PM. We had a good afternoon.

I am waiting for the news now.It is going on 5:00PM. 

About 5:30PM or so, Michele texted me that her mother, who was going to go on the mystery tour with me next Thursday, had fallen in her garage about three weeks ago and broken her hip. She had surgery and is now in "Home in Sight" at Windsor Place having physical therapy. She has done very well and is getting to go home next Thursday but she is not able to take the mystery tour at this point. It would be too taxing. I will go visit her there...possibly tomorrow...for sure next Wednesday.

I will take my bath at 7:00PM and read until 9:00PM when I plan to go on to bed.

1 comment:

Donna. W said...

When I read this yesterday I got my ipad and put my name on the Library list to read that book. It will be a couple of weeks, probably. A lot of people are reading it, but I didn't know anything about it until you mentioned it here.