Tuesday, September 21, 2021

Tuesday and No Particular Plan

I slept pretty well last night. It rained and I could hear the rain on the roof. I'll bet the flowers will enjoy that. It's been awhile since we have had any rain. Even so I was up twice in the night because of all the water I am drinking to stay hydrated.

When it gets light I will be interested to see what it looks like after such a good rain.  I know the wind blew last evening because there were leaves everywhere on both front and back yards.

It's about 5:50AM now and I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and see what to expect today. I have finished my breakfast and am working on my coffee.

Scruff came for breakfast but Blondie probably ate at home. He did not come. She ate the dry food. It's as I said, if you get hungry enough, you will eat anything that is offered.  She did.

I am watching the CBS news now. It's 7:25AM now and it's getting light.

 I turned on the CBS news and watched it for awhile...mostly old news.

Then I went out front and raked 2/3 of the front yard and bagged up the leaves. I made a dent in it but not too long of a dent. But I played out and needed to stop and drink some water. It's only 63 degrees out there this morning but it was the exertion..not the heat that got to me. I will rest and if I get motivated again I may do the rest later. The back yard is just as bad. I may get the energy to do that after I get the front done,,if I get the front done.

I got the back yard cleaned up again....not that it will do any good...the wind is blowing out there. I left the front yard 2/3 done. There are a lot more trees out there and no fence at all..the back yard does have a fence. That helps a little.

It's 10:02AM now and I guess I will go read. I am pretty tired.

I read until lunch time and then I went out to Eggbert's and had my ice tea and chicken salad, fruit and muffin. Then I went to Myrtles to se what she might have new. I didn't find anything I wanted to buy.

Then I went over to Nancy's and stayed two hours and visited. Then I came home and read some more. 

I did a little more raking on the front yard but didn't finish it. Instead I came in and went back to my latest book.

I finished it at 9:30PM and will take my bath and go to bed now.

 

4 comments:

Donna. W said...

You are wise to pace yourself. Just listen to your body and rest when you need to.

Margie's Musings said...

I will Donna. Thanks for checking on me.

Galla Creek said...

Take some rest time. It’ll wait and still be there when you are rested.

Margie's Musings said...

Thanks, gals! I will read awhile.