Monday, September 20, 2021

Monday and Laundry

I slept better last night and was up shortly before 5:00AM as usual. I am going to do my laundry today. That's only my underwear, towels and pajamas. I do my tops and pants with Dryel.

I don't have a plan for today or tomorrow.  I may go check on Nancy again after 1:00PM when her caregiver leaves. I am not sure when Dale and Gina plan to take her to Bartlesville to that assisted living place, Green Country Retirement Village.  Gina said 'a week or so' in her text.

I have had my breakfast and am drinking my coffee now.  Soon I will go turn on the TV and check "the weather on the 8's" and see if either of the cats have come to eat. I doubt they will. Yesterday they barely touched that dry cat food and then left. I will try it again today if either of them comes to eat.

More later...

First  Scruff came and ate..and ate..and ate.  Then Blondie saw her eating that dry food and came over and joined her and he ate too. Now they have both had their fill and he has gone home and last I saw she was under my hedge. But I put the food away because they seem to be done.

More later..I need to put the laundry in the dryer.

Scruff came out from behind the hedge and wanted some more food so I put it back out for awhile and after she finished this time, I put it away again.

I have cleaned the leaves up from the back yard again and even picked up a few from the front when I watered out there. It may rain today..later this afternoon but I am not counting on it. It's way too unpredictable in Kansas. I have not put the solar kitty out yet. I want to see what it's going to do today. It's overcast now so it wouldn't work anyhow.

More even later...I will go read. 

I read until 11:30AM and then went to the post office to get stamps. I called the Merle Norman store in Chanute and had the owner send me some Moisture Emulsion.That's what I use under my makeup to add moisture to my skin. I sent her a check to pay for it. Then I went to Copan Truck Stop and had a small chef salad and iced tea for my lunch. From there I went to Miller Brothers station in Dewey and got my tank filled up and also the mower gas can. Then I went to the mall and bought some hand soap. From there I went out to the Honda Dealership and had them look up how long it had been since my oil was changed. It had been months, I knew. but my car has sat in the garage for months with me only getting out to go to Coffeyville on Wednesdays and occasionally take Nancy for a drive. It still said 40% left in it's life on my dash. 

But he found it had been over a year since the oil had been changed and he said 15% or a year. I made an appointment for Tuesday the 18th at 10:00AM.  That's next Tuesday.. next week. This is the only car I will ever have  (unless something completely unforeseen happens) and I want to take care of it. It's 14 years old. It's an '85 Honda with only 112,000 miles on it. It has been an excellent car.

It's 1:57PM now and when I drove into Caney, it was sprinkling. It looks like the sun is out but I had sprinkles on my windshield coming in. I can tell this is unpredictable Kansas.

I see the back yard is covered in leaves again.It's way too many to pick up again.I would have to mow them and I won't do that at 87 degrees....whoops! I see my phone says 93 degrees.

I will go out and check my mail. It should have come by now. 

It was just one piece of spam. I get a lot of that stuff..online and on my phone and in the mail. It's very annoying.

It's 6:00PM right now and I think I will go ahead and take my bath. I am not interested in the Tulsa news. More violence every day. A shooting yesterday and another today. Way too many guns in the hands of people with no business having them.

I've read until 9:00PM and now I am ready to go to bed. It was starting to rain a bit ago and I brought the solar kitty in the den. 


No comments: