Wednesday, September 22, 2021

Wednesday and Game Day at the Senior Center

I had a kind of "different" night's sleep. And I woke up kind of dizzy. I don't know what that was all about but I will take my blood pressure after awhile and see if that had anything  to do with it. Lately it has been like 122/67 and I thought that was very good. 

I will fix my breakfast and see if that will help. All I had for supper was a banana but that's what I usually have for supper and I had a good lunch at Eggbert's..

I will leave for my hair appointment at 8:15AM this morning. After that I will get a cherry limeade slush at Sonic and sit in the car at the senior center and read my new book, "Peril" by Bob Woodward. It came yesterday. It's 6:45AM now and I should turn on the TV for "the weather on the 8's" and also check on the cats. Scruff came back for supper last evening and I fed her dry cat food. She ate quite a bit of it.

Both Scruff and Blondie came for breakfast and the both ate the dry cat food. 

I went out back and cleaned up the leaves again out there. I am sure the bending exercise is good for me. It is time now for me to leave for Coffeyville and my hair appointment.

I went to the bank when I got there and got some money for the week and then took the newspapers out to Karan to take to the animal shelter.Then I washed my car and cleaned it up and then went by Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush. Then I went to the senior center and sat in the car and read my new book until time to go in and play games.

Afterward, I took my remaining cupcakes to Marilyn Rutledge since she is a shut in and is down in the back with spinal stenosis. I stayed and visited an hour before coming back home.

It's almost time for the evening news so I will get back to this after that is over.

So, more later...

My television was a mess. Every station was tearing this morning. I finally had to just turn it off. I even lost my wireless this evening and Alexa wouldn't work until they finally got everything working again. I don't know whether they got the TV back to normal or not. I have Alexa playing music right now. 

It's 7:35PM now and I just had my bath. I plan to read my new book until bedtime at 9:00PM or so. 


5 comments:

Donna. W said...

I get light-headed most days, sometimes several times a day. It's always when I get up after sitting awhile, but if I don't sit right down, I would end up falling. So I sit down, even if I have to sit on the floor, which isn't easy because I have to sort of plop down on the floor hard enough that it hurts. In this little trailer house, though, I am seldom far away from something to sit on, whether it's a chair, a bed, or the bathroom stool! Doctor just thinks it's yet another thing that sometimes comes with old age.

Margie's Musings said...

You have a point there, Donna. Thanks for responding to my post!

DrumMajor said...

Margie -- whenever you feel dizzy, that's the time to take a blood pressure reading. A few hours later, it's probably changed.
Your blogger friend Donna W also needs to check her blood pressure: that's orthostatic blood pressure changes going on when it's different upon standing. It's not an "age" problem, it's a blood pressure problem, and needs to be checked by a different doctor. Literally marching in place after standing up is a good idea. If you're dizzy, you can sit back down. If you're not dizzy, you can move away from the chair.
Just my almost-retired nursing two cents. When passing out and falling, usually the eye hits the corner of a table. I've had several patients a year.
If you don't think your brain can release blood quickly, when the overall blood pressure isn't correct or low blood pressure isn't treated, watch the vessels on the back of your hand. Raise your hand up in the air. See how fast the vessels diminished! Linda in Kansas

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you for your advice,Linda in Kansas! I appreciate the advice!

Margie

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

My blood pressure top number is usually around 140 when I am sitting or walking around. If I take a higher dose of blood pressure medicine than I do now, to bring it down to 120 - 122 I become extremely dizzy, if I doze off for a nap or even when I get up after sleeping sometimes it even happened when I would go from inside the house to outside, which was really not safe and it sticks with me all day and night. The last time it happened I called the doctor and he halved my blood pressure medicine and now it stays around 140, which is a bit high, but I very, very rarely get dizziness. The few times I do, I think it is sinuses because one or both of my ears will be blocked and my nose stopped up.