Saturday, September 25, 2021

Saturday and a Possible Visit

I was up at my usual 5:00AM but I did sleep very well last night and was not up even one time in the night. Strangely enough, I went to bed around 8:30PM..very early for me but for some reason, I was very tired. 

I had gone to the market yesterday afternoon and bought chicken tenders, okra, and green beans for my supper with a biscuit and ate half of that. It was very good. I will warm up the other half for my dinner today. It cost me $8.20 but I will get two meals out of it. They started a new policy too. They gave me a coupon that they will punch every time I get a meal there and after I get 10 meals, I will get a free one. That's a pretty good deal. I usually get a meal from their deli once a week.

I am eating my breakfast now and drinking my coffee.

I am thinking of going over to Coffeyville and visiting Phyllis Fredensborg at "Home in Sight" at Windsor Place there. Later today between 2:00PM and 4:00PM might be visiting hours. I will check with them. She is getting to come home on Thursday. She fell in her garage several weeks ago and none of us knew anything about it. She is a very private person and always has been. Her daughter, Michele, texted me about it yesterday or I wouldn't have known anything about it either. Sherry, our tour guide, told me in e mail that Phyllis had cancelled going on the mystery tour on the 30th and I just figured she had to work. But when Michele texted me, I was shocked to find she had fallen in her garage and broken her hip and had had surgery and was out at "Home in Sight" at Windsor in Coffeyville for her rehabilitation. It was a shock.

It is 6:12AM right now and I will go watch "The weather on the 8's" and check on the cats now.

We are supposed to get  rain Wednesday, Thursday and Friday next week. Our mystery tour is Thursday. I wonder how that will affect the tour.

Both cats came for breakfast this morning  and they acted like they were starved. They have either been fed somewhere else or have been eating birds. Well, they are eating here right now...both of them.

It's only 7:45AM but it's very nice and cool. I believe I will mow my leaves today..later...after it's later...maybe at  9:00AM.

 So more even later... I went out at 9:00AM and mowed the front yard...leaves and all. Then I emptied the bag and drank a bottle of water. It's still only 9:46AM but I am very tired. After I got the front mowed, I went around with a plastic bag and bent over and picked up what the mower left. I think I will leave the west side until last and mow the back first when I rest up.I will wait until 10:00AM to do the back. In the meantime, I will drink some more water and rest awhile.

But it's very good exercise and it's still only 64 degrees so this is the time to do it.


May be an image of tree and grass 

 Here is the front that I got mowed. 

By the way, I called "Home in Sight" this morning and they are going to check if I can visit Phyllis this afternoon since I am fully vaccinated. They are to call me when they get an answer.

More later...It's nearly time to start on the back yard. 10:00AM.

I got the back mowed in 30 Minutes and then stopped for a rest and water. The realtor came to show the duplex and  Brandon, next door either was not home or was still in bed. So I offered to show them my side. It's the same only flipped over from Brandon's side. They looked mine over.They live in Owasso but she works in South Coffeyville and he works in Coffeyville so Caney would work for both of them. They called Suzanne to come talk to them so they may be interested in buying or even renting the duplex. She is here now. They would be nice neighbors. If Suzanne sells it, I hope they buy it.

The temperature is now in the 70's and I started the west side anyhow but only got about a fourth of it done before I needed water and rest again. I will finish it after I get some water and some rest. 73 degrees is still not too hot for me to mow. After I finish I will have the rest of my dinner from yesterday.Those chicken tenders and okra and green beans with a biscuit were pretty good!

I still haven't heard anything from "Home in Sight". They may not let me visit  Phyllis because of the pandemic. I told them I was fully vaccinated and had proof of it. But that is a nursing home and they have to be very careful.

Well,I'd better get back to the mowing if I am going to get it finished before it gets hotter.

I got the west side mowed too. It took me a couple of tries.I had to stop 2/3 of the way through and drink some water and rest awhile. But...I got it done myself! I didn't have to pay anyone to mow for me. And it looks pretty good too considering it's almost burned up.

I ate the rest of my chicken tenders and okra and green beans for my lunch. Afterward I went out to Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush. 

I have the book I am reading on my Kindle to read this afternoon. I had to charge my Kindle again last night. It seems every couple of days I have to charge it.  

I have Alexa play Kenny Rogers music while I read. He died last year and I really like his music even though it's country music. He had a smooth voice. And a lot of the time he sang with Dolly Parton. There was a special on last night honoring him, When he retired last year, they taped that and played it again last night and I watched it. In fact I taped it myself. It was such a good show. I am going to keep it in case I want to watch it again.

I went over to Nancy's at 4:30PM and finally found her up. I stayed until 6:00PM. Her caregiver came at  at 5:30PM and the little boys from next door came soon afterward. I finally left at 6:00PM. She had more then enough company. 

Nothing is on TV except football and baseball games. I am not interested. I will read and have a banana later.

I never did hear from Windsor about visiting Phyllis at "Home in Sight". I assume they don't want visitors in the nursing home. But they could have called me and told me that.

I got an awful lot done today with all the mowing.

It's 6:15PM now and at 7:00PM I will take my bath. In the meantime I will read. I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Of all your flowers, my favorite are the ones around your mailbox. I mowed 2 and a half hours yesterday.

Margie's Musings said...

Goodness, I hope you have! a riding mower!