Monday, September 6, 2021

Monday and A Labor Day Picnic

I slept well last night and was up at my usual 5:00AM. I have made my bed and got myself ready for the day and had my breakfast. 

This afternoon I will go out to Leslie and John's about 2:00PM for their cookout and homemade ice cream picnic. I will test the brownies I made yesterday once again and see if they are edible. If not, I will go to the market and make another batch this morning. I will need more nuts.

I got a notice from the Chronicle that my subscription is up the 30th of this month. I will need to get that paid. I send that to several people and it is full of news. They really enjoy it and so do I. I didn't renew the Reporter or the Journal this year. They are under the same ownership and used the same reporters and the news in both papers was the same. So I just didn't renew either of them. Suzanne leaves me her Reporter anyhow and after I read it, I give it back to her so she can share it with her sister.

More later... 

This is my next door neighbor's back yard. Mine would look like that if I didn't rake and clean it up. 


May be an image of tree and grass 

I get good exercise doing that.

I guess I will go turn on the TV and watch "the weather on the 8's". 

I watched the weather and also some of the CBS news. 

Then I went out and started raking the front yard. I got it all raked but needed to stop and hydrate.I came in and drank some water and will rest awhile. Then I will go out, put some  plastic gloves on and pick up those piles and put them in the black yard bag. But I am pretty sweaty right now and need to rest and drink some more water. It's only 68 degrees right now so I want to get that done before it gets any hotter.

I got the front yard raked and the leaves put into a yard bag and got that into the trash container for tomorrow. I  guess we will still have trash pickup tomorrow. It's our neighborhood's regular day..

May be an image of flower, grass and tree 

So, more even later..It's 9:45AM now and it's getting hotter so I am glad to have that done. But all that bending is good exercise. I had about six piles of leaves. I see it's still 68 degrees out there. Not bad for early September.

I went back out at 11:20AM and cleaned up the other two piles of leaves and got them into another black yard bag while it was only 79 degrees out there. Luckily there were only two piles and they were in the shade.


More even later...

I left home about 1:30PM to get to John and Leslie's at 2:00PM. We visited for awhile and then John began the hamburgers. Karan had brought potato salad.  I had my brownies. Leslie had all the fixings. Then after we ate she fixed everyone homemade ice cream and served my brownies.

After awhile we watched Cheyenne in the swimming pool with Jeromy, her dad. They had a good time. We played with KiKi and Mini, their two Corgis, and Hoover and KiKi played in the water when John got out the hose. Hoover is their male Corgi.

After awhile John took Karan to see the calf he was raising after it's mother rejected it.  Then they went to his barn where he had painted a picture of his cows.

After Karan left, he took me to see the calf and across the pasture to see his other cattle. He gave me a nice tour.

Then we went back to the house and soon after that I left for home.

I am very tired. Between the raking and bagging of the leaves and the afternoon, I was very tired. 

I will watch the evening news and then take my bath and perhaps read awhile before I go to bed. It is 6:30PM now. I will not go to bed until 9:00PM or so.

 

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

It was much cooler here this morning. Hope it was there, too.

Margie's Musings said...

It was. It was in the 60's. That's why I could rake and clean up my yard.