Saturday, September 11, 2021

Saturday and a Day of Rest

I slept well last night although I was up three times to use the bathroom. I got right back to sleep. I ended up sleeping until 6:00AM. I am just now having my breakfast at almost 7:00AM....late for me. I have nothing planned for today.The apartment is clean and I cleaned up  leaves in the back yard twice yesterday. I never did finish the front. It got too hot. Both yards are very bleached out due to the prolonged heat.

I will turn on the TV and watch for "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats.

I watched the weather and found that we should have rain on next Wednesday. Only Scruff came for breakfast this morning and she ate nearly all her food. She must have really been hungry. Later Blondie showed up but I didn't feed him. He has an owner who can do that. 

I started watching the CBS commemoration program of 9/11 but they were reading the names of all 3,000 people who were killed that day and I couldn't sit through that so I turned it off and read instead. Besides I had seen the entire horrible thing on TV at the time it happened.

I read all morning on my next to the last book and finished it. I have one unread one left to read. It is 10:45AM now. 

 More even later... 

I had the rest of my tomato basil soup for lunch with some crackers. 

Then I went out to Sonic and bought a cherry limeade slush. 

I watched the Ohio State/Oregon football game and afterward I read awhile.

Then I decided to go over to Nancy's and see if I could raise her. I tried calling her...no answer. Then I went over to her house and tried again...no answer. Then I rang the front doorbell three times....no answer. Finally I went to the back door and rang that doorbell...and what do you know...she came to the door.

I stayed two hours and visited with her. Then I came home to watch the news. But it wasn't on. Only a football game was on so I went back to my latest book and read until 7:00PM. I took my bath then and put on my pjs. It's  7:35PM now.

It's begun to get dark. When it is dark, I will go bring in the solar kitty. 

I cleaned up the back yard of leaves twice today and when I looked out a minute ago it needed it again. Well, not today or tonight. Maybe I will do it again in the morning. We will see.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM.

2 comments:

Kay said...

It was such a sad day, but the stations all covering it and I need something happy to fill the rest of my day too.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I know we should pay our respects and honor the people who were killed and also those that passed away later from exposure to the building debris as they searched for any possibility of survivors,and the passengers who were brave enough to bring down the jet in Pennsylvania, but I watched one show about it and just couldn't bear to keep watching any more about it. I was not feeling well and running a fever, and kind of down-hearted anyway, so I just couldn't mentally handle any more images of that terror in one day.

I was too sick to do much more than watch TV, so I watched old recordings I have of movies from the 1930's and 1940's for much of the day and evening.