Thursday, September 9, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I slept restlessly last night and was awake several times throughout the night. I don't know what the problem was. I don't remember dreaming or anything like that. I just couldn't get comfortable and stay comfortable. So I would just wake up and it would take a little bit to get back to sleep. I had spent some time last evening raking and picking up leaves in the back yard. I suppose that could have entered into it. I wonder what that yard looks like this morning. It's still dark out there since it's not quite 6:00AM The leaves are still falling since it's fall so I suppose I will have to do it some more ....several times... before they are all gone. It's good exercise for me though. Lord only knows, I get very little exercise anymore.

I was up at 5:00AM as usual. I am in the process of eating my breakfast now. Today I will clean the apartment again. I do that every Thursday. And today at 12:45PM I will take Nancy to her beauty shop appointment at Anessa's. It's at 1:00PM. Afterward we will drive down to Copan and have lunch. She wants to do that to pay me back for my "trouble". Of course, it's no trouble. I will have my housework finished by then and will be ready for lunch. I was going to have the rest of my tomato basil soup but I can have that tomorrow.. 

The yard is parched and dead looking in most places. I haven't watered and I don't have a soaker hose or a sprinkler and I don't know whether I should buy one. The yard is just a yard. I don't really have a lawn as such. I am not sure what to do about mowing this week. It looks pretty yellow out there.

I will check out the "weather on the 8's" and on the cats. They did not like that cat food I gave them yesterday morning and didn't eat much of it. What was left of it I put in a paper cup with saran over it and put it in the frig. I will offer it to them again this morning and see if they are hungry enough to eat it.

I fed both cats and they ate most of it. I guess if you're hungry enough you will eat what you really don't particularly like. Blondie is wearing a new lavender collar. Someone over there wants everyone to know he has an owner.

I got the apartment cleaned, vacuumed and mopped. And the vacuum sweeper cleaned up. It's only 9:12AM too. I may go out front and do some raking.The back looked fine this morning and it is only 68 degrees out there now and it's 9:14AM.

It's 10:20AM and I have 3/4 of the front yard raked and bagged before I played out and came in to drink water. Maybe this evening I can finish it if it cools down. It's 80 degrees out there now. Too hot for me to be in that sun!.

I will read awhile or try to work on that puzzle. It's a doozy!
So more even later..

I took Nancy to the beauty shop and then we went to Copan Truck Stop for lunch. She wanted to come over to my apartment afterward and she stayed a couple of hours before I took her home. The Schwan's man came while she was here and afterward I told him she wanted to see him too. He said he had a lot of stops yet but would stop by her house after he finished there.

I won't get to the yard again this evening. I am too tired. I may get to it in the morning. We will see.

In about 15 minutes the CBS evening news will be on and I want to watch that.

After the CBS news, I took my bath. It's 6:30 PM now and I will read until my bedtime at 9:00PM or so.

It's 9:15PM and I am going to bed.

  


No comments: