Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Tuesday and Laundry

I slept pretty well last night although I was up a couple of times in the night. I drank lots of water yesterday. All that raking dried me out. I noticed last evening that I will have to rake the back yard again. I intend to do it while it is relatively cool this morning, It's only 6:25AM right now and not even light out yet.

I have had my breakfast and am having my coffee now. I put those last two brownies in a plastic bag and will take them to Nancy today. She loves sweets too and seldom gets any.

I have my towels, pajamas and underwear in the laundry this morning. I will dry clean some of my tops this morning with my Dryel.  I would rather dry clean them that way then put them in the laundry. That way they don't shrink and really smell fresh. 

I will go turn on the TV now and watch "the weather on the 8's". In a little while I will check on the cats too. Scruff came back last evening but she had eaten well yesterday morning so I didn't feed her again. She will be plenty hungry this morning if she's out there. 

So, more later.... 

We have a 60% chance of rain this evening. We could sure use it.

Both cats came for breakfast. Scruff wasn't all that happy to see Blondie. He has a family that should be feeding him but he comes over here most of the time and helps her eat hers.  She is not all that happy about sharing. She finished it up after he finally left and I brought the bowls in and washed them.

I went out back and raked up the leaves that had fallen and blown into my back yard yesterday afternoon. I just put them in a plastic grocery bag and put that in my trash.  I will take that trash out. I think the trash will be picked up today. I hope so. There's quite a bit in there.

The trash was picked up this morning about 9:15AM. I went out later and picked up the  leaves that are now falling from my own tree. It's inevitable I know. It's bigger then me.

I just put the last load of Dryel tops in the dryer. That was 25 tops I dry cleaned in the dryer.. That really freshens them!

O.K.that takes care of my chores for the day. At 1:00 PM I will go over to Nancy's and when her Visiting Angel leaves at 1:00PM we will take a drive. That will get us both out of the house and we will have a visit. I think I will go out to Eggbert's or Copan and have lunch. I had a good lunch at Leslie and John's yesterday and a chicken pot pie the day before on Sunday.

Tomorrow is my hair appointment in Coffeyville. So far no one has called me about it.  Belva has been quarantined for at least two weeks now and should be safe.  I got hold of David Harkin and he told me Bunco was next week..So I put it on my calendar.

I watched 60 Minutes Sunday evening and one of their best stories was about the Richie Boys, a group of mostly German Jews who escaped the Nazis and enlisted in the American Army to fight the Nazis. They were very intelligent and extremely well trained on how to get intelligence from German prisoners.

Surprisingly there was no violence involved. They, of course, were fluid in the German language and that was a great help. They learned that the best way to get information was to show empathy for the prisoners. They said something like "This is a terrible war, isn't it? I am sick of it and I am sure you are too. We have both lost so many young men." 

They were taught never to use violence of any kind. That would never have worked. 65% of the valuable information for the war effort came from the Richie Boys system. They were trained at Fort Richie Maryland. That's where their name came from. It was an extremely interesting  program. There were three 98 year olds on the program that told their story. I even recorded the program.

I went to get Nancy at 1:00PM. I visited for awhile but it was obvious she wasn't going anywhere...even for a drive and she was still in her nightgown. I told her if she would call her beautician and find out what time her Thursday appointment  was, I would take her. I don't know whether she will do that or not.She says she wants to go have lunch after she gets her hair done. We will see. I will check with her before Thursday. I'm not going to hold my breath though.

It's almost 7:00PM  this evening and I am going to take my bath and put my pajamas on and get ready for bed and then read my Kindle. I plan to go to bed around 9:00PM.

1 comment:

Galla Creek said...

I enjoyed the segment about the Ritchie boys, too.