Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Wednesday and Hair Day

I slept well last night even though I was up twice. I finally woke up the third time at 5:00AM. We had a little rain around 8:00PM but the northern part of Montgomery County had more of a storm and some small hail according to Leslie. I read for awhile because channel 6 out of Tulsa was off the air all evening and they were using an Oklahoma City channel for their news.I am not interested in Tulsa news and so I am certainly not interested in news from Oklahoma City. I did watch the CBS news from them. Then I turned off the TV. I haven't checked yet this morning to see if they ever got back on.

I am having breakfast now....my usual oatmeal....and drinking my coffee. It's still dark out at 6:15AM. I looked last night and there are leaves all over my back yard again. I doubt I will rake again until all the leaves have fallen.

I will go turn on the TV and see if the "weather on the 8's" is on  and then when it gets light I will check on the cats.

It's 63 degrees out there this morning and it will get up into the high 80's today and into the 90's the rest of the week.

Both cats were there waiting for breakfast this morning. Blondie had a collar on now so his family had to have put that on him.  He sniffed at he cat food but didn't eat any. His family must have fed him too. Scruff is still eating though. She is ferrel and doesn't have anywhere else to eat but here. 

My yards, both front and back, are both filled with leaves again but I won't be able to clean them up today since I will be leaving at 8:15AM to go to Coffeyville to get my hair done. I will try to work on that tomorrow morning.

I will stop by the bank today and see if they can order checks for me. I really don't want to order them online if I can get them done at the bank. I don't want to put my checking account information out there for all the nuts who wait for just such a thing.

I see Tulsa's channel 6 is back online this morning.They were off all evening and Oklahoma City's channel 9 was all we could get for the CBS news.

So, even more later... 

I left for Coffeyville about 8:20AM and got to my hairdresser in plenty of time. After she finished I went to get gas and after that I went out to Walmart there to get three things I can't get at our market. Then  I washed my car and vacuumed it out, took my papers out to Karan's and came home. I stopped at Sonic here and got the child's Wacky Pack of chicken strips and french fries and a coke. It costs me $1.99 plus tax for a total of $2.18.Of course, I always give the car hop $1.00 tip. When I was 14,I was a car hop and I know how important tips are when you are working for minimum wage. In those days minimum wage was .40 an hour. That was  1949.

Then I came home and sorted through the junk mail. 

I will read awhile now. 

About 2:00PM I went over to visit with Nancy. Tomorrow at 12:45PM I will pick Nancy up and take her to the beauty shop over on Spring street. Then we will go to Copan Truck Stop for lunch.

It's 5:05PM  now. I will eat my banana for supper and watch the CBS evening news now. After the news at 6:00PM, I decided to go out in the back yard and rake up those leaves again. That's about the only exercise I get so it will be good for me.  

Later, I will read awhile more and take my bath at 7:00PM.

I took my bath at 7:00PM as planned. I will read awhile and then I will go to bed at 9:00PM or thereabouts.  

No comments: