Sunday, October 31, 2021

Sunday and Church Again

I slept well last night. I figured I might. I was very tired. Yesterday was a huge day and then I stayed up and watched the Ohio State/Penn State football game and didn't get to bed until after 10:00PM.

I won't leave for church until 10:00AM since the service doesn't start until 11:00PM. 

My daughter, one of the pastors who actually does something with her office, actually she does a lot,  is speaking today. She does the preaching schedule as well as some church cleaning and is the financial officer for not only our congregation but also the entire Mission Center. One of our three pastors is moving to Pittsburg, Kansas, and the other one really does nothing for the congregation except preach.We will be having election of officers in November and hopefully we will elect someone a pastor who will actually function in the entire job. All Leslie had asked her to do for the conference was to write a report of the missions our congregation took part in last year. We provided school supplies for the grade school here in Caney before school started and provided cakes for the First Christian Church in Independence, Kansas, again this year while they were still providing a free meal on Tuesdays. She didn't even get that small report done. We didn't do shoe boxes this year because the woman who has the supplies is the one moving to Pittsburg. This pandemic has put everything in a bind. The pastor who doesn't function except for preaching is a doctor and I realize she is really busy during the pandemic but what she was asked to do wouldn't have taken her 15 minutes. And she had time to take a vacation and go to a wedding on the east coast.

Enough grumbling...

I watched "the weather on the 8's" and we are to have rain Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I haven't checked on the cats and I really should do that now.

Both cats were out there... hungry this morning... so I took their food out through the garage. They are eating now. At least Scruff s still eating. I assume Blondie ate at his home so he just ate a little of Scruff's food and left. She is still out there eating.

I talked to Sandy over the weekend and she told me the plumber couldn't fix the leak in Nancy's water pipes. The entire yard of pipes will have to be dug up until they find that major leak and that means the company that does that kind of extensive digging won't be able to come until Monday to do that. So bottled water is all Nancy has until that major job is finished. I will go over there at 9:00AM this morning and see that she eats something and then takes her meds. Then I will go back this evening and do the same thing. Sandy has taken care of that while I was gone Friday evening and yesterday, thank goodness.

More later... 

I went over to Nancy's this evening and Sandy was there again. Nancy really seems to enjoy Sandy and Sandy was married to Nancy's cousin, Richard, for years. He died several years ago of a heart attack. He was pretty young then too.

The two cats came over for supper and I set their food out for them. They ate all they wanted so I put it in the garage and covered it. They will probably be back in the morning for breakfast.

My new landlord, Stephen, and Dee Anna, his wife came over this evening and brought me a popcorn ball and crackerjacks and some candy.  I am a little old for trick or treat but I thought that was very nice of them. I did eat the popcorn I had just fixed for my supper and had a couple of small pieces of candy. I try to leave candy alone as much as I can.

I have taken my bath and will read for awhile. It's 7:30PM right now. I will try to get to bed at 9:00PM. 


 


2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

What a mess. I hate not having utilities. No water can’t imagine.

DrumMajor said...

What was the prize in the Crackerjacks? Surely they still put one in each box. Linda in Kansas