Monday, November 1, 2021

Monday and Laundry

I slept well last night and got up fairly early and changed my bed. I am doing laundry this morning. I am also eating my breakfast while I post here. It is 7:30AM ....later then usual for this. I haven't turned on "the weather on the 8's" yet or checked on the cats. But I do have the laundry in the dryer now.

I don't have anything in particular planned for today except to fold out the laundry when it is dry. Sometime after 9:30AM I will check on Nancy. I haven't seen her since I got home from Springfield. I did call and drive by but Sandy's car was there and I knew someone who cared about her was checking on her and visiting with her. I was very tired and went to bed early.

I will fix my chai now and go check the weather. The last I saw we were supposed to have rain Tuesday and Wednesday this week. I am tired of rain already and fall has just begun.

Well they have changed the forecast. The rain will be today and tomorrow instead of Tuesday and Wednesday. I will need to get my plants in again or they may drown.

Scruff is plenty hungry and Blondie was here too but he must have already eaten at home because he is just watching her eat. 

More later... 

I went over to Nancy's this morning to check on her pills to see that she had taken them. She had remembered to take them and had eaten some toast before she took them.

The plumbers were finished with her yard and had torn it up quite a bit from the meter almost to the house. She has water again now. The company told her not to smooth out the dirt in her yard though because it would need to settle first or it would leave a hole. She can sweep off the walk but not to rake the dirt in the yard yet until it settles.

Nancy needs a trustee on her bank accounts. I should take her to the bank to get that set up.

We went to lunch when the plumbers were finished and gone. Nancy had fallen on her steps yesterday and injured her mouth and it is swollen and sore. She brought part of her lunch home with her to eat later this afternoon. I will go back this evening about 6:00PM to see to her evening meds.

More later....

I went back to see how Nancy was doing and fixed her a frozen dinner and gave her her evening meds. I stayed and visited until 7:00PM and then came home and had my bath. I will read until 9:00PM, which is my regular bedtime.

 

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

They said the same when I had a tree removed. Said if I made it level it would later be a hole. It still mounded a little but not as level as I’d like. I can mow over it.

So glad Nancy has water. I kept think about flushing the stool and such. Guess she’ll have a big water bill.

Kay said...

It's so good of you for taking care of Nancy. It's a relief that she has water again.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, it is gals. Thanks for responding.