Friday, November 5, 2021

Friday and No TV

If it's not one thing it's another. This morning I have no TV signal from Cox. Cox has been a huge mess here in Caney. I have had a tech out here several times since I moved to Caney two years ago. It seems they don't support Tivo, which is my recording device. At least that's what they blame my TV problems on. Usually the picture just tears and they have to come out and check out the wiring at the pole. And none of the Cox techs have any experience with Tivo. But this time, I simply do not get a signal at all. I see several Cox trucks around Caney so I assume I am not the only one having problems with them. A box comes up on the TV now saying "no signal". I have a tech coming between 10:00AM  and 12:00 today.

I do have internet at least. 

I slept pretty well last night. I woke up in the night wondering where my congregational secretary book was. Finally I got up and hunted for it and finally found it. We are having a congregation business meeting on the 14th I think it is...and it will be at 10:00AM instead of 11:00AM. I think the light breakfast is at 10:00AM that day followed by the business meeting and worship service. 

I had better check and see if the cats are out there. Neither of them came for supper last evening. 

No cats and it's 7:45AM. 

It must have rained last night. There is water in the bird bath. I left the plants outside last night but they look alright. It's 37 degrees out there according to my computer.

Still no cats out there...weird.

Well Blondie came and so I fed him and then I went over to Nancy's to see to her meds. I took her some bread so she could have toast for her breakfast. Then I got right back home because Cox is supposed to be here between 10:00AM and 12:00 (or somewhere in between)to try to fix the signal for my TV. It's 9:45AM now. 

I never did see Scruff. She didn't come for her breakfast.

More later....

The TV tech came and replaced the wiring outside on the pole again and in just a jiffy I had TV. It doesn't cost me anything for a service call because I have Cox Complete Care for $10.00 a month...for both the TV and both the computers....actually up to 5 computers but I only have two..

Now I can go get something  when it's time for my lunch.

I went out to Sonic and bought a small Mocha Crunch Blast. That's all that sounded good to me.

I spent a half hour going over my checkbook and balancing it. Somewhere along the line I made a mistake and it took awhile to find it and correct it. But I got it done. 

I called Nancy to see if she wanted to go to Coffeyville with me but she was not up to it. I got my booster shot at the Montgomery County Health Department there. I also got cash from my bank account and gasoline at $2.99 a gallon at South Coffeyville at the Woodshed. I was so glad to get my booster shot before we go to Tennessee for Thanksgiving. It didn't hurt a bit. That nurse there is very good at giving shots. She did my original two and I didn't feel them either.

One of my classmates just called me to tell me the funeral services for our classmate, Charlotte Neese, that died this week will be held graveside at Fairview cemetery in Coffeyville on Woodland on Monday at 1:00PM. She intends to be there at 12:30PM to attend and wanted me to contact the classmates online to tell them about it in hopes others would also attend. Charlotte was very well liked. I will attend if at all possible.

It's7:30PM now and I have had my bath. I will read on my book now until 9:00PM and then go to bed.


 

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Except for one time I have always been polite to repair people who come to our home. The one time that I was not nice at all involved a cable tv repair man (not Cox). We called because we couldn't see the picture on our tv because it was "tiling " as they called it. Interference that sort of looked like squarish tiles tearing up the picture. We had that problem so often with that cable service, and they would normally send someone out who was nice and polite and they would do something outside at the connection to fix it. This one incident occurred when the repairman came into our home, stood and looked at the terrible reception on our TV, turned around to face my husband and I, and asked (I swear this is true) "What do you want me to do?" It took a second for that to sink in with me and my husband, and before my husband said anything, I could feel my temper rising and the heat in my face, and I said rudely, "We would like for you to fix it". My husband stayed quiet because he was ready to tell the guy off. To this day, I can't imagine why he would have asked us that question, in the tone he did. Every other repair man before him knew exactly what was going on and knew how to fix it. That repair man fiddled around behind the tv and went back and forth out to his truck many times. I was in the bedroom with our little dog the whole time, hearing him coming and going in and out of the door so many times. Finally, I heard the door close again and I didn't hear him come back in and assumed he was finally done. I opened the bedroom door to come out of the bedroom, as I was saying to my husband "I'm glad that SOB is gone", just as I came around the corner into the living room and saw the repairman squatted down behind the tv. My face was red with embarrassment as I turned around and went back into the bedroom with the dog. The guy did finally get the tiling on the tv to stop.
The next time the interference developed we changed to Uverse.









Margie's Musings said...

We have no options but Cox. They have a franchise. It's disgusting!

Kay said...

I'm so sorry you are having such problems with your TV reception. We have only two options here in Hawaii... but at least we have two. I'm also very sorry for the loss of your classmate. It's always so sad to hear about the passing of someone you spent time with.