Tuesday, November 2, 2021

Tuesday and a Quiet Day

I had a hard time getting to sleep last night but after I took an allergy pill I finally dozed off and slept fine. I was up at almost 6:00AM..late for me. I was very tired. My Kindle needed charging again last night so I plugged it in overnight.  It's charged now so I will read another book today...or at least start it. My desktop computer froze up last evening and I had to just turn it off. Nothing I did unfroze it. Then I rebooted and it had to repair itself. I think it's working alright now although I haven't tried it yet

I need to get hold of Karan today and see who made her metal banister that she can hold onto when she comes down her front steps.. I know my son in law, John, installed it for her years ago. Nancy stumbled down her front steps yesterday and hit her mouth and her knees while she was watching the plumbers work. Her lip was all swollen and she's lucky she didn't break a tooth. Her front steps are treacherous.

We have no Bunco tomorrow. There is an illness and they cancelled it. I don't know who is ill but I may call Janet today and find out. I was looking forward to Bunco tomorrow at the senior center. While I am over there tomorrow I will go to the Montgomery County Health Department and see if I can get my booster shot. Walmart is also offering it with no appointments.

It's 7:15AM now and I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and check on the cats.

We are forecast for rain today and tomorrow again.

Only Blondie came for breakfast this morning. I don't know where Scruff is.  Blondie ate some and then left so I brought the cat food in the garage.

Scruff finally came for her breakfast after Blondie was gone. She ate quite a bit before she left and I took the bowl in the garage. 

More even later.. 

I went over to Nancy's at 9:00AM and made her some toast so she could take her meds with food. She was very low on the dementia pills so I had those refilled and went to the market and bought her some coffee filters too. She then fixed a pot of coffee. The drug store had two more refills too. Maybe Dale refilled those. Anyhow, I picked them up. 

I swept off her front walk. After the plumbers were finished they left a mess on the walk, I cleaned that up the best I could.

Sandy came to visit her so I left and came home to read. I will go to the market today sometime and buy some more frozen meals for myself.

More even later....

I read most of the afternoon and then the Kindle froze up. I couldn't get it to bring up the password place so I called Amazon and the woman in "Help" walked me through how to fix it. I finally got it working again.

I read until almost 5:00PM and then worn out with it, I put it away.

I went over to Nancy's again at 6:00PM and helped her take her meds. I stayed about 30 minutes but I was awfully tired so I came on back home. It's almost my bath time and then I will try to read again if I can get the Kindle to come on again.

I plan to go to bed at 9:00PM

3 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I'm sorry to hear that Nancy fell on her steps. I hope she can get some sort of handrails for it soon.

I think that it was rude that the company that came and dug the dirt for her pipes left a mess on her sidewalk. They knew she was an elderly lady. It should have been left clean and not in a mess. I guess that is just how a lot of companies work now. Or I guess I should say don't work now.

Margie's Musings said...

That's right, Susie! They should have swept off the walk even if they left the pile of dirt on the grass. But I swept it off.

Galla Creek said...

Hand rails would really help getting down her steps.