Friday, November 12, 2021

Friday and Dusting

I slept well last night and was up only once in the night. I've made my bed and dressed and am ready for the day. It's a little after 6:00AM now and I should go fix my breakfast and coffee. 

I have that done now.

I will dust the apartment this morning. I started it yesterday but stopped and went over to fix Nancy's meds. I never got back to it. So that's my chore for this morning.

I am anxious to see what the plants look like today. It's 45 degrees out there this morning. It's still dark outside so I can't tell yet. 

Nancy's hair appointment next week is at 1:00PM until 3:00PM when she gets her color and cut. My audiologist appointment in Bartlesville is at 3:00PM  that day so I will have to ask Sandy to take Nancy to her hair appointment. If that doesn't work out, I may have to ask Anissa to change the day.

I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and see what the forecast is for the week. In a little while I will also check on the cats.

It's nearly 9:00AM now and I have fed both cats and watched most of the CBS morning news. I really am not too impressed with that news.They tend to talk over one another...interrupting one another.

I guess I will go get a hoodie on and see if Nancy is up and around.

I went by Nancy's house and saw Dale's truck there so I just came back home. I texted him to tell him I had come to get her toast and meds done but had seen his truck and came back home. He is taking care of her toast and meds and she is being evaluated by Green Country Assisted Living at 9:15AM this morning. I hope she agrees to go this time. I know it's time. If he just assures her it's just for the winter months she may agree to that. She may then decide over the winter that it's for the best ...best for her and for her health. We will see. Once she fell down those front steps and busted her lip, I became concerned that something even worse could happen....like falling down that staircase inside the house.

Now I will get my dusting done. 

Nancy has agreed to move to Green Country Assisted Living and will be moving on the 22nd of the month unless something opens up earlier. For her with her memory problems, it is the best solution. 

Once I got my dusting finished, I went down to Copan Truck Stop and had their small chef salad for my lunch.

Now I am full. I  believe I will read in my latest book until supper time when I will go back to Nancy's to fix her something for her supper and give her her meds.

So, even more later.... 

I went over to Nancy's at 6:00PM and she had had her dinner but had not taken her pills so I got those out for her and she took them.

I stayed and visited until 7:30PM and then came home to take my bath and read until 9:30PM or 10:00PM when I will go to bed. 

It's been a big day .

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I hope this place is near enough for you to check on Nancy often. It will mean a lot to have visitors.

Margie's Musings said...

It is just 19 miles away and I will make a point of going down there to visit her. We have been friends for years.

Suemn said...

Oh, that's wonderful news. I'm glad that Nancy agreed to give it a try.