Tuesday, November 9, 2021

Tuesday and an Appointment with an Optomitrist.

I was up at 5:00AM again. I dressed and got myself ready for the day. I have had my breakfast too. I will go over to Coffeyville again today for my eye appointment this afternoon at 2:30PM. I also want to take my watch in to the jeweler there and get it turned back an hour since daylight savings time is over. He is only open Tuesday through Friday or I would have had it done yesterday while I was in Coffeyville for that funeral.

That's about all I have to do there today. I may eat lunch there at Eggbert's before my appointment. I didn't have much yesterday. I had my usual breakfast and no lunch and no supper. I just had a banana last evening. It had been a big day and I was not very hungry. The family had the funeral guests to the Pizza Hut for supper after the funeral but I was not in the mood for pizza so I just came on back home.

I did get the bulletins mailed out to those who were not at church on Sunday. I also loaned Nancy a book on the 1918 Pandemic but I don't know whether she will get it read or not. I hope she doesn't put it away somewhere and forget where she put it.

I will go try to watch "the weather on the 8's". The sound stutters on that channel so it's a toss up. At least the other channels are fine. It's just the weather channel. Then after awhile I will check on the cats too.

More later...

The weather channel has been straightened out and the sound appears to be fine now...thank goodness!! 

Both cats came for breakfast and I fed them. Blondie didn't eat much before he left. Scruff stayed longer but when she strayed away I took the food back into the garage.

The CBS news will be on in a little over ten minutes . I'm not particularly impressed with it...too much nonsense and not enough real national news.

I was bored with the news so I started a new puzzle. It's just 300 pieces instead of 500 pieces.

I went over early enough to get my watch adjusted  to no daylight savings time. The jeweler didn't charge me anything to do that. Then I went to Eggbert's and had lunch there. 

And then I went out to visit Marilyn Rutledge for awhile. After that I went on to my 2:30PM appointment with the optometrist. She decided to give my left eye a multi focal contact too since I got a lot better vision with that right eye with a multi focal contact.

She will call me in a week to see how it's going. If it's still so much better, she will give me new prescriptions for each eye. 

I then came on back home. 

I went over to Nancy's at 5:30PM and found Sandy there. Sandy had cooked her a hot meal and given her her shots. I stayed and visited until 7:00PM when I came on back home. Sandy will take care of Nancy's meal in the morning and her meds and I will come back tomorrow evening when Sandy is cooking for Jim, her boyfriend.

Now I will take my bath and read until bedtime.

No comments: