Monday, November 8, 2021

Monday and a Classmate's Graveside Services

I slept well last night and was up closer to 6::00AM. I am dressed and ready for the day. I will leave about 11:30AM to meet Betty Hanson for our trip out to the cemetery for Charlotte's graveside service at 1:00PM.  I hope some others will come. I have not made a habit of attending my classmates funerals. There have been way too many. Out of 292, there are only 108 of us left....maybe not that many. Sometimes I learn of deaths when my class newsletter comes back . There are only 14 still living in Coffeyville. Then there is me in Caney.

More later...I want to go catch "the weather on the 8's" . The weather channel voices are still tearing but maybe I can see the weather forecast anyhow. It's 6:30AM now and the cats may also be out there for their breakfast. 

Only one cat. Scruff, was out there for breakfast although Blondie came later after I had taken the food back in. He has an owner and can eat at home so I didn't put it back out there. 

I went to the Caney market and bought a few things I needed.   It's 8:20AM now and I will go over to Nancy's around 9:00AM.  I hope to miss Dale. He intends to go over to Nancy's this morning and encourage her to try the assisted living for a few months...actually just this winter. I talked to her about that possibility last night again. I told her about my texts to Dale and his back to me. I told her I didn't want him to think I was trying to do something behind his back. Of course, if she decides to give it a try, he will have to pay the bill out of her money each month. I am glad he is going to speak to Nancy again. He has ignored her for a month or more. He is a cousin and the only relative around here. Her only son lives in North Carolina.

More later... 

I went over to Coffeyville about  10:30AM. I went to the post office and bought stamps and then bought gas at Woodshed and then went out to Ellis and Carolyn Roberson's to visit. I really enjoyed that! They were old friends of Bob and mine. 

Afterward I went out to the cemetery to look up my folk's graves. Then I saw them putting up a tent structure for Charlotte's services. I was so glad to see that six of us class members showed up for the service. There was Barbara Barnes Babboni who had contacted Betty Hanson about Charlotte's death and the time for the service, Patricia Easton Robertson, Peggy Kiddoo Clabough, and of course, me.  I thought there was one more but I will have to ask Betty who that was.

I got home about 3:00PM and paid some bills that came in the mail. Now I guess I will go over to Nancy's and see how her visit with Dale went.

More later... 

I asked her how her visit with Dale went and she said he didn't come. That was strange.I had told her when I left to be sure to dress and brush her hair before he came. She was still in her nightclothes.

When I got home I texted him and asked him how his visit went and he said she had agreed to go to the assisted living place in Bartlesville for just the winter months and see how she liked it. That was odd. She said he didn't come at all. Sandy was there when I went back to check on her and see if she was eating so she could take her meds. She had a nice lunch that Sandy made her so she just had some applesauce and a piece of raisin bread. I gave her her meds afterward.

I am going to read awhile. I had my bath at 7:00PM or so and fed the two cats that were waiting for their supper.  I plan to go to bed after I relax a little while.

5 comments:

Suemn said...

It's good of you to let Dale know that you are trying to encourage Nancy to give Assisted Living a try too. I'm sure he appreciates hearing that since it is hard to get Nancy to agree to it.

Margie's Musings said...

True, Suemn but it still may not be enough to get her to change her mind..

Galla Creek said...

Poor Nancy. Glad you are her friend.

pat m said...

Nancy may not have a choice if proven she is not safe

Margie's Musings said...

Thank you, Eva. I appreciate your comment.