Thursday, November 11, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning Day

I slept well last night. In fact, it was well after 5:00AM when I woke up and got up. It's after 6:00AM now and I am just now eating my breakfast. I will need to get some more breakfast bars. I have had the last one. 

I will clean the apartment this morning while the commercials are on TV.  Commercials are boring to me.

It did rain last night. It rained and thundered and lightning while I was over to Nancy's and checked out her meds. In fact, I parked under her carport because light hail was forecast. Sandy had brought her a supper and seen to her meds so I just visited with her. I came home about 7:00PM in time to take my bath and read until a later bedtime. I had downloaded three more mysteries on my Kindle.  I started one of them and had to stop to charge the Kindle again.

I will go in and turn on the "weather on the 8's" and check on the cats in a few minutes. I always start my cleaning with mopping the bare floors.....the foyer tile, the kitchen and the tile around the area rug in the dining room as well as the bathroom. Then I begin vacuuming in my bedroom. When I find out what the weather is going to be like today, I will know whether to set the plants back outside. They would have drowned out there yesterday evening.

At 3:00PM this afternoon I will take Nancy to the beauty shop. Anissa gave her a 3:00PM appointment instead of 1:00PM.

More later..

I went over to Nancy's at 9:30AM and she was up and around. She was not dressed yet but she has until 2:30PM to get her bath and dress. I gave her some of her toast and then gave her her meds. Then we went in the den and visited for awhile. Her daughter-in-law had called last night and told her she was exhausted from taking care of David. Nancy thought she was wanting her to come help her with him. But that would be two people for the daughter-in-law  to take care of. I convinced her that would be a terrible mess for her and her daughter-in-law. The daughter-in-law would then have two people to care for...Nancy and David. I suggested she tell her daughter-in-law to put David in assisted living until he was a lot better. 

What a mess! Poor woman. I hope Dale can get Nancy into assisted living before she does something rash or falls downstairs and hurts herself. 

The apartment  is clean now and I will do the dusting tomorrow. Right now I may work on the puzzle awhile and then read. It's 11:09AM now.

This is my younger son, Scott, and his wife Ginger.  He is a veteran. My older son is too. They both served in Iraq and Afghanistan during the Bush war.

May be an image of 2 people, people standing and military uniform 

They are both a good looking couple. We are all going to Tennessee to their new home for Thanksgiving.

Another of Carol's 300 piece puzzles done!

 May be an image of indoor 

Soon I will start another one. First I will read though. Enough puzzle for now!

I went over to pick Nancy up for her appointment with Anissa and I went twenty minutes early just in case she hadn't got around and got dressed. That has happened before. But this time she was all ready to go. I took my Kindle to read while her hair was being done. When she was finished I drove around Caney and we looked at the mess the streets are in. They are replacing all the pipes in Caney. They were all put in when the town was built and need to be replaced in the worst way. Several have broken since I moved here two years ago. 

The streets are also in terrible repair. They have dug out the holes and put gravel in them. I called the city manager about it a few weeks ago. The gravel sticks in the tread of my tires and when I drive into the garage, it come out into my garage. Worse yet, the gravel will eventually penetrate the tires and they won't last as long as they should.   

I called the city manager about the problem and he said they are having a terrible time getting asphalt for the streets. The plant they usually use has closed since they lost their employees. They now have to get it in Dewey, Oklahoma, and that plant does not make asphalt every month. They only make it when they get a large enough order to  make it worth their while. Fred, the city manager, said for them to add the Caney order on to any large order they get and then they will pick it up when it's finished. Lord only knows how long it will be until they can get this mess fixed up. In the meantime, it's hard on my almost new tires to have gravel inbeded in the tread. 

Small towns make big  problems.

More later... 

I went over to Nancy's about 6:30PM  and got her meds out for her. She had already eaten her supper from the food Sandy had brought her yesterday. So all I had to do was get her meds out for her and give her the water to wash them down with.

I stayed until almost 8:00PM and visited with her. Then I came home to take my bath. I left my plants out this evening. I think they will be alright tonight. I will take my bath in a little while, put my p.j.s on and read until time to go to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I hope you have a great visit with Scott and his wife.

pat m said...

Some assisted living facilities provide respite care