Thursday, November 18, 2021

Thursday and Apartment Cleaning

I woke up several times in the night and had a hard time getting back to sleep. I was thinking about my appointment this afternoon at 3:00PM with the audiologist in Bartlesville this afternoon. My hearing aide hasn't worked in months...probably at least a year. Stan Wilson has retired and he had the program on his computer that could adjust it. I have cleaned it and it seems to be clean but it is still not working.  I am to take it to Jessica Whitesitt, the Bartlesville audiologist, and she can maybe tell me what is wrong with it and if it can be fixed and check my hearing. I bought all new batteries for it but they are not helping. It took me a year to pay it off with Stan at $100. a month and I certainly can't afford another one. They run $3,000 to $5,000 nowadays. Anyhow, I was up an hour earlier then usual this morning.

I made my bed and dressed and had my breakfast already. It's 5:39AM now and I may go in and turn of the TV to see "the weather on the 8's" and see what today will bring.

I will go over to Nancy's this morning after I get the apartment cleaned and see to her breakfast and meds. Gina and Dale are coming at 11:00AM to take her to lunch and then take her down to Green Country Village to see the apartment she is supposed to move into for the winter months.  It is an Assisted Living facility. She still doesn't want to go but I have tried to convince her that in her situation, it is necessary. She does have some dementia and fell down her front steps a couple of weeks ago and busted her lip. She is lucky she didn't break a tooth. 

She has a hard time remembering anything. Her home hasn't been vacuumed in months and laundry has not been done either and the visiting angels were supposed to do that when she was paying them $200 a day to stay with her for 4 hours. But they did nothing but watch TV and go through her closet. 

Dale, her cousin,  got rid of them and they made arrangements to move her to the Green Country Village in Bartlesville. She refused to go and they stopped coming to see her and helping her with her meds. After two weeks I learned she was not taking her meds and I started going over morning and evenings and seeing to that. When I could not go, I got Sandy to do it every once in a while.

I will go check the weather  now. It is 6:00AM.

I have read some of the morning and downloaded three more free books from Amazon.

I think I will stop at The Copan Truck Stop and have their small chef salad. Or maybe I will go out to Eggbert's here and have their chicken salad special. I just don't feel like a frozen meal again. I was just at the Copan Truck Stop with Nancy so I may just go out to Eggbert's. Then I will go on to Bartlesville and browse around. until time for my appointment.

More later.... 

My hearing aide had a broken wire and had to be sent to the factory to be repaired. It cost me $350 but I could not replace it for less then $3,000 anymore. I wrote the audiologist a check for $350. They will call me when it comes back from the factory. They did waive the $75.00 fee for the audiologist and hearing test. My left ear now has lost hearing but one hearing aide is better then none.

I got back home sat 4:50PM. I ate lunch at Eggbert's in Bartlesville. They had a senior menu and I got a lovely chicken fried chicken dinner with mashed potatoes and gravy and green beans for $6.95 with iced tea. Heck of a deal!

I will go over to Nancy's at 6:00- 6:30PM this evening and see to her dinner and meds. 

More later... 

I went over to Nancy's about 6:00PM and she had eaten already but had  not taken her meds so I laid them out for her. Then I filled Saturday's pill cups. Dale didn't get that done. I gave her Thursday evening meds.

Nancy told me she signed the paperwork for the assisted living but was not all that happy about it. Dale took her down to look them over.

I came home at 7:00PM and took my bath and will read awhile before I go to bed around 9:00PM. 

4 comments:

Galla Creek said...

Wouldn’t it be great if Nancy just loved assisted living.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I hope the assisted living will seem alright once she sees what it is like there. I hope they run into the lady that she knows who lives there.

Good luck getting your hearing aid repaired today.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, Susie. That would be wonderful but I think it will be an uphill battle for her to be happy anywhere but in her own home.

Suemn said...

Yay! I think Nancy signing the papers at the Assisted Living place is a step forward. It may take a little time but I think Nancy will learn to like the place, especially if you still plan to visit her. You could even bring Nancy over to the other lady's (the lady that she knows) apartment on one of your visits.