Saturday, November 20, 2021

Saturday and Not a Lot Going On

I slept pretty well last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I have made my bed, dressed and  had my breakfast. I am working on my Chai now. At 9:00AM I will go over to Nancy's and see to her breakfast and meds. I will do that today and tomorrow mornings and evenings and Monday morning before she leaves for her assisted living in Bartlesville.  Then they will take over her care from there.

I haven't seen much of anything out of Suzanne since they sold the duplex. Without Nancy here, I will be dependent on the Coffeyville group  and the church group for my fellowship. I promised Nancy I would come visit her on Tuesdays. I will try to do that since it may help her to adjust to her new surroundings.

I will go turn on the TV for "the weather on the 8's" and the CBS news a little later. I will also check on the cats. They may disappear for good after I am gone for 5 days for Thanksgiving at Scott and Ginger's. Either that or they may eat birds. Grrr.

The only cat that came for breakfast was Scruff and she was hungry. I figure Blondie's owners have him inside. since it's 40 degrees this morning.

More later....It's 7:01AM now.  

It's 8:06AM now and I have been watching the CBS Saturday morning news..

Now Tulsa news is on and the violence I hear from there is awesome. You couldn't give me a home in Tulsa. There's way too much violence there. 

 May be an image of outdoors and tree 

It appears they are building another room on to their house. At least he is building something more on there.

I picked up Nancy at 12:45PM and we went to Eggbert's for lunch. For once, I got to buy lunch. Nancy had given her money and her debit card to Dale. 

Then I came home to catch the Ohio State/Michigan football game. Ohio State won 56 to 7.

Now I will read again.

More later...It's 2:45PM now. 

It's 4:28PM now and I have read this afternoon and will go over to Nancy's later this afternoon about 6:00PM  and hope she has something to eat that Sandy brought her so I can give her her meds. In the meantime, I will go over my notes for tomorrow's worship service and sermon. I will probably be too tired to do that any later. 

I went over to Nancy's about 5:30PM and suggested she go with me to have a Mocha Crunch Blast at Sonic. She loves coffee and she loves chocolate and she loves ice cream. She really loved the small blast we had. Then I took her home and stayed and visited awhile until almost 8:00PM. Then I needed to get home. My bath was an hour late. Suzanne called while I was over to Nancy's and just told me to call her back when I got home and that's what I did.

Suzanne told me the name of the second person who was from Caney who lived at the assisted living in Bartlesville. It was Mary Chastain. Back in 1956 I worked with her husband at Phillips Petroleum carrying the mail. I believe he died awhile ago so she is alone too. 

It is 8:40PM now and I am going to read awhile before going to bed. I will need to go over my sermon in the morning because I am too tired to do that tonight. I will try to stay up until 10:00PM tonight because I sleep better when I go to bed later. 

More tomorrow....

 

4 comments:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Wow! You'll be having a lot going on this week.

Margie's Musings said...

Yes, I know. But once we get home it will be calmer.

Kay said...

Have a happy Saturday and Sunday, Margie! I had a pretty good night's sleep too. I have to make up for the previous night which was awful.

Margie's Musings said...

I have those "awful" night's sleep from time to time too,Kay!