Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Tuesday and Nothing Much Going On

I was up shortly before 5:00AM again this morning. I slept restlessly in the early morning. I kept thinking about the mess that it will be when I finally get new carpet..if that ever happens. It may be months...who knows.

I think the answer to all the freight that is backed up in California ports is to start manufacturing everything we need here in America. It would be more expensive in labor but it would sure create jobs. 

It's 5:45AM now and I have finished my breakfast. In a minute I will go turn on the TV and watch "the weather on the 8's". Later, closer to 6:30AM, I will check on the cats. They didn't come last night so they will probably be hungry this morning.

More later... 

I opened the door at 7:00AM and both cats were there waiting for their breakfast. I fed them and when they were gone, I brought in the food again.

I am watching the CBS morning news now and will get back to this later. 

After I watched all the news I wanted, I went over to Nancy's and took her my last piece of coffeecake for her breakfast. Then I stayed until 10:45AM and visited. 

I came home to clean out my file cabinet and shred all the stuff that isn't important to keep. That file cabinet is packed full. 

More later....

I got the top drawer done and will work on the bottom drawer at a later time. It's lunch time and I think I will go eat out. 

I called Nancy and asked her if she wanted to go to the Copan Truck Stop with me for lunch. She was delighted to be asked and agreed to go. We had a nice lunch and even brought french fries home with us to warm up in the skillet.

Then I drove down to Bartlesville and we drove around for an hour or so and looked over the east side of Bartlesville. We enjoyed the tour and then at almost 3:00PM, I took her home. I will go back this evening when it's time for her meds again. Now I will read again and try to finish my mystery book.

More even later...   

I finished the mystery book. I had a hard time putting it down. It was intriguing and I had a hard time figuring it out.. .  

I went over to Nancy's at 6:00PM to make sure she was eating something for supper before I gave her her meds.

I came home at 7:00PM and took my bath and will read until I get sleepy....usually about 9:00PM or 9:30PM. 

Then I will go on to bed. I have my hair appointment tomorrow at 9:00AM and also Bunco afterward at 1:00PM until 3:00PM. I am scheduled to give blood after I get back to Caney. I will need to eat an orange and a couple of Oreo cookies... for the iron.  That worked last time.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Agree totally on the shipping mess. Keep our business here! and our Soldiers! Think of the money we would save ultimately. Yes the products would cost more but once we consider all the expenses in shipping, storage, wait, etc

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

The policy of our products being manufactured overseas to save money for the big corporations has turned around and bit all of us in the behind a second time. It bit the workers here the first time when so many jobs left, and now it is getting us again when we can't get items or parts for items that we need.

We need to bring manufacturing back to the USA and they need to start making arrangements for that now.

I am thankful our troops have been pulled out of Afghanistan, but how horrible for the families and loved ones of all of the soldiers who died or were injured there. Afghanistan would have been content for us to be there another 20 years. Our son was there, I prayed for his safety every day. I was so thankful when he finished his time there.

Suemn said...

I agree that we should move a lot of our manufacturing back to the U.S. otherwise we are hostage to the whims of other nations. It took this broken supply chain situation to show us what can happen.

Margie's Musings said...

Both my sons had multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan during that "Bush" war.

Galla Creek said...

Glad you are helping Nancy.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

Two sons with multiple deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan! You must have done even more praying than I did. My son is still in the USAF but seems to be on a path and taking classes toward a different type of assignment if everything goes as expected.