Sunday, November 14, 2021

Sunday and Church

I slept fairly well last night, I woke up a couple of times in the night and once I took my meds. I got up at 5:00AM as usual,made my bed and dressed and then came into the kitchen and made my coffee cake for the light breakfast at church. It's in the oven now. I will need to watch it and test it periodically. I set the timer wrong and had to reset it so I can't trust the time.

I am having my coffee now. I will eat breakfast at church at 10:00AM.

After the breakfast we will have a business meeting and election of officers for 2022. Then Melissa is supposed to speak in the 11:00AM hour.

The desktop computer was frozen this morning  I had to do a cold reboot. It's still very slow. And it's the only one that prints.

Always something! 

I hope the coffeecake is really done.  It's hard to tell except with a toothpick. I had set the timer for 35 minutes and later realized it was supposed to be 45 minutes. So I set it up another ten minutes. I hope that turns out alright. 

More later.... 

The coffeecake was just fine. I took a piece of it to Nancy for her breakfast and then  gave her her meds.

I sent out letters to all the congregation that didn't make it for the breakfast meeting, business meeting and sermon today. 

I had my hands full of the minutes book and the package with my passport in it  and forgot the coffeecake. So I went out to John and Leslie's this evening and took some to them. I put my passport and other ID in the car so next time I go to Independence, I can make an appointment to get my driver's license renewed. That has to be done by the 2nd of December.

At about 5:00PM I may go over to Nancy's to see that she eats something and give her her evening meds. I want to be back by 6:00PM for the Zoom service from Springfield. I may ask Nancy if she has a shovel I can borrow to plant my mums tomorrow..

Is saw to her eating and gave her her meds and then I came right home. I wanted to watch the Zoom worship service from Springfield but I considered it disappointing. 

It's time for my bath now anyhow. I will take it and read or watch the 60 Minutes program I recorded. Then a little later, I will go on to bed.

2 comments:

Galla Creek said...

I’m wanting to plant my mums too. I don’t usually have good luck eith them. I hope mine live this time.

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I wonder if the mums they have these days are different than the ones my Mom used to grow years ago. Her returned year after year for many years and the flowers on different plants had different petal shapes and flower shapes, some were big, some were little, and I think she had some she called spider mums because of the way they had some long petals on them. They stayed in the ground all year. I can't remember if she pinched back early bloomers or not.

Now all of the mums I see are the round mound shape and the flowers and petals are all the same size and shape. They are pretty in their own way, but not much variety that I've seen. Does anyone else remember the different varieties of mums that we used to see in peoples' gardens about 40 years ago or a decade more?