Friday, December 17, 2021

Friday and E-Mail At Last

I didn't sleep quite as well last night but not terrible. I was up a couple of times in the night...once to go to the bathroom and once to turn down the thermostat since I got too warm.

But I am so happy to have my e-mail back I can't complain. 

I am eating my breakfast now and it is 6:42AM. As soon as I finish my oatmeal, I will go turn on "the weather on the 8's" and check out today's forecast.I think it's supposed to rain unless they have changed the forecast. Then I will check out the cat situation.

I spent last evening taking everything out of the closet floors in preparation for the carpet layers on the 23rd.

Michael and his wife dropped by last week and said the carpet layers want me to take the books out of the bookcase in the living room. Also they want me to take the curios out of the curio cases, I will stack the books in the den. I will put the curios in the kitchen and dining room. I will leave my car in the street and blow the leaves out of the garage so they can put some furniture in there too. It will be a big job and I can't leave it all to the last minute. I was exhausted after moving everything out of the closets last night. I also wrapped the last of  my Christmas gifts and put them in the den room too.

The den is 1/3 full now. And the rain is still in the forecast for today...this afternoon.

Both cats came to eat this morning but they are gone now and I took the food back in the garage.

More later....

I made my peanut clusters this morning. I will wait until the are dry and hard and then pack them into Christmas tins and give them to my friends and my landlord and his wife. I will take a tin to Nancy on Tuesday. Maybe I will take one to Mary Williams too. I will try my best to stay out of them myself. I am trying to watch my weight.  Tomorrow I will make my Bob's Waldorf salad for the church Christmas dinner on Sunday. It is always best when it has sat overnight in the frig.

I sent out the news about my restored e-mail to my online classmates. Hopefully they will respond with their news in the next week. I would like to wrap this newsletter up this week....or at the latest, the following one. The loss of my e-mail this past week really set me back.

I got all of the peanut clusters packed into tins...three small round ones and one larger square one that I will take to church on Sunday for the dinner dessert and treat.

That's my project for the day. Now I will read after I go to the market and get a couple of things. I want to blow the leaves out of my garage too today. I will probably have to do it again before the carpet people come on Thursday next week. This leaf situation is a mess.

 More even later...

I went to the market and got what I needed and came back home.  I will wait until the man next door putting a new floor down in the kitchen,bathroom and dining room and foyer. I think that's what he is doing at least. 

I asked Leslie to check with the woman there at 4 County  that printed off my classmates newsletters the past two years to see if she would print them off this year too. They should be ready by next week. I can print one off and she could just use their mimeograph and copy them off if she would like. I sure hope she can do it again.

Leslie reminded me that  I had her e-mail address and I sent Hillary an e-mail asking her if she would be able to duplicate this year's class newsletter. I haven't heard back from her yet.

I hope she can. At this point it's only 6 pages instead of the usual eight.

It's 11:38AM right now and I will go find something to eat for lunch.

More later...

I had a frozen dinner...meat loaf and mashed potatoes.

May be an image of 4 people and indoor 

My niece Diana sent me this today. What a nice gift. Perfect except for the elderly lady on the right. 

Now I will go read awhile..so More later....

For the first time in a couple of weeks, my desktop computer lost the internet signal. I ran the troubleshooter and it is fixed...for now.

It's 6:38PM now and I have finished another book. At 7:00 I will take my bath and hope I recorded the CBS evening news. I am not sure.

I looked outside but didn't see any cats. They could have been out there when I was reading but now they will have to wait until morning to eat. 

Tomorrow I will fix Bob's Waldorf salad for the dinner after church on Sunday. I don't have another book to read on Kindle and I am charging the Kindle again this evening .

After I see if I can watch the recorded CBS evening news, I will probably go to bed. Moving all that stuff out of the three closets was exhausting. I should probably go to bed earlier this evening.


1 comment:

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

You look pretty in the picture. My goodness, if it wasn't for you, the others wouldn't have even been there!

I don't know how you manage to accomplish all that you do in each day.