Saturday, December 18, 2021

Sarurday and a Waldorf Salad

I slept well again last night and was up at 5:00AM as usual. I am having my breakfast while I blog. I haven't had the weather on yet and I don't know whether it rained or not last night. I slept too hard to hear it.

Soon I will go watch "the weather on the 8's" and see what today's forecast is. Then I will check on the cats and after that, I will start on making my salad for tomorrow's dinner at church.

Yesterday was exhausting and I haven't even begun on the books and the things out of the curio cabinets. That can wait until next Tuesday. The carpet people are not coming until next Thursday. I believe we have game day at the senior center next Wednesday.

Now I will go check the weather.

The weather is to be in the 50's and 60's next week with no rain.

Both cats came for breakfast this morning.I figured they would since they didn't  come for supper last night. I will go back to watching the CBS morning news now.

It's nearly 7:00AM and the cats have eaten and gone and I brought in their food to the garage.

I should start that salad and get it over with. It's a lot of chopping etc, and I will put it in the frig overnight.

So more later .... 

It's 8:00AM now and I have just finished Bob's Waldorf salad and have it in Tupperware and in the frig. It should be fine for 24 hours tight in Tupperware.

I tasted it and it is the same as ever with Gala apples, some lemon juice, two kinds of seedless grapes, raisins, celery and. pecans stirred with mayonnaise. I think that is everything in there. I even have washed the dishes and put them away.

That's everything I hoped to get done today. Maybe I will dust this morning.. I didn't do that on Thursday. Maybe I can get those books out of the bookcase and stacked in the den.

More later... 

It took me awhile but I got all those books out of that bookcase in the living room. It's 9:00AM now and I am exhausted again.  

May be an image of book and indoor 

Here are some of those books . What a mess.And after they are gone, I will have to put all those books back in the bookcase in the living room. I hope the new carpet is worth it!

For lunch, I went down to Copan and had their small chef salad and iced tea. As usual, it was very good. Then I came back home and downloaded another book and have been reading it for a couple of hours. It's 5:12PM now and soon I will watch the CBS evening weekend news.

It's almost 7:00PM now and I have just had my bath. I have been reading since 5:30PM after I found there was no evening news tonight....only football and professional football at that I will go back to my book now. I feel better after the bath. 

I plan to go to bed sometime  between 9:00PM and 10:00PM

 

No comments: