Monday, December 13, 2021

Monday and Laundry

I slept well again last night. I had read until almost 10:00PM and that always helps. I was up once in the night to go to the bathroom and other then that, I slept through the night. I was up at my usual 5:00AM and am doing some laundry this morning.  I am eating my breakfast now.

Leslie contacted me last night to see if I had any plans for today and the only thing I needed to do was some laundry and that's going now. I was out of underwear and my towels needed washing too. She is going to Lowe's in Bartlesville and wanted to know if I wanted to go with her.. She has a hair appointment today in Coffeyville and will drop by and pick me up afterward. It will be good to spend some time with her. She is my only child close by and she is so busy I seldom see her except at church.

It is after 6:20AM now and I want to go check out "the weather on the 8's" and also the cats. 

I will get back to this  after I do that.

Only scruff came for breakfast. I fed her and brought in the food after she ate all she wanted. It's 8:02AM now. 

More later...

I watched the CBS news and all they talked about was that series of tornadoes on Friday and so I then turned to the weather station. They were also so busy talking about that same.series of tornadoes on Friday that they never got around to the local weather. I finally just turned it off. and folded out my laundry and put it away. We have heard those same stories every day since the tornadoes  happened. Not an update, mind you.....just the very same people and the very exact same news. 

The news people run everything into the ground. We would all feel a lot  more empathy if there was something different....an update... that wasn't the very same news stories..

I have been playing a  game while waiting for Leslie to text me that she is on her way from Coffeyville.  I don't know when her appointment is. She didn't say.

It was 11:58AM when Leslie texted me she was leaving Coffeyville.Thirty minutes later she pulled into my drive. We drove down to the Copan Truck Stop and had a lunch of the small chef salad. She seemed pretty happy with it.

Then we went on down to Lowe's in Bartlesville where she bought some broken down boxes that can be assembled for packing a lot of books and other stuff.  She is going to one of our churches this is for sale down in Oklahoma. I believe she said Webb City. That may be Missouri..not Oklahoma.   

Then we went to the pet store where she bought some dog food. The dogs did not like the food they had given them and refused to eat it..It sat in the bowls for four days uneaten.

She stopped at a Philip's station and bought gas. We got back to Kansas a couple of hours later. 

Blondie was here soon after I got home. He was hungry again. He did come for breakfast but he made it for lunch/

I read most of the afternoon until the news came on TV. 

More later... I want to watch the CBS evening news now. It's nearly 5:30PM

I watched the CBS evening news and once again it was basically full of news about the tornadoes and the deaths.

Then it was 7:00PM and I took my bath. I will read until bedtime, I guess.

I tried to get into Keith's blog and over and over I was refused.  Finally I texted him about it and after awhile he got it fixed so I could use it again.

I copy the information from my blog onto his.

3 comments:

Galla Creek said...

The night of the tornadoes it was on every channel. I got tired of listening to it, but felt like a sinner when I saw all the destruction. I get tired of the grinding stuff in the ground. It on and on, but I felt guilty about the way I felt afterwards.

Margie's Musings said...

I feel the same way. I hate what the victims are going through but the networks never seem to know when to back off,

susie @ persimmon moon cottage said...

I have been watching the reports about the tornadoes because the tornado that struck the Amazon warehouse passed as a large rotation in the air high over the St Louis Lambert airport (which is not too far from my home) but didn't touch down here in this area of Missouri but crossed the river over into Edwardsville Illinois. There was another tornado that touched down near in the area of my daughter's home, about 30 minutes from here in Missouri, demolished homes.

I am wondering if they are going to find some faulty construction or design in those 40 foot tall ll inch walls at the Amazon warehouse. Governor Pritzker says he and OSHA will be looking into it.

I have cried when they interview some of the survivors of the town in Kentucky. One young mama and her two children laid in their bed. Her young kids were under her. When they came conscious, their mattress with the three of them had been lifted by the wind and flown over a great pile of rubble and into an area that was somewhat clearer. The kids were fine except for some cuts but the Mama had a broken arm and was also cut up from the debris, but they survived. That was truly a miracle. I don't know why they keep saying that tornadoes in late fall and winter are such a rare thing. I remember several times we have had tornadoes in late fall and winter.

I do get aggravated with some of the young new news presenters we have here in St Louis. A couple of days ago somewhere in Missouri there was a contest and parade of the largest mules in Missouri. The ones in the parade were some big ones. They were so shiny and well taken care of. The comments by the presenters after the clip included information that Missouri's state animal is the mule. I didn't know that. Well, they absolutely didn't know why that could possibly be. It seems like they would have checked their phones to look it up, but the one gal says, "Well they need to change that to a different animal". They had no idea that mules were such an important part of Missouri's history because we provided more of them than anywhere else from the early 1800's even into World War II. Come to think of it, I wonder if my own kids (in their 30's) know anything about mules either. I remember how my Dad used to get aggravated with the news because of all of the local information they got wrong. I was younger then and didn't pay close attention to what they were saying, and probably didn't know they were wrong about some things. Now I am starting to get what my Dad was talking about.